What is wrong with Cincinnati?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Guest_Partyanima_*

Guest_Partyanima_*
  • Guests
I cannot seem to make a profit anywhere with a 767-300ER, Its all crap, I cant charge more then 400 dollars for a fare out of Cincinnati. I know in RL they have fares over that for DeGual and Heathrow (I am running another 767 successfully CVG-LHR) But when I try Degual or Tegal or Istambul or Honalulu or a multitude of other cities, I cant charge more then 400 dollars because noone wants to fly it.

IS there ANY way to make a profit flying internationaly? When will this get fixed?

I cant wait for Airlinesim to open its doors again....

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
First of all, show some respect for Miller. Don't me talking about other games or simulators.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by Partyanima
I cannot seem to make a profit anywhere with a 767-300ER, Its all crap, I cant charge more then 400 dollars for a fare out of Cincinnati. I know in RL they have fares over that for DeGual and Heathrow (I am running another 767 successfully CVG-LHR) But when I try Degual or Tegal or Istambul or Honalulu or a multitude of other cities, I cant charge more then 400 dollars because noone wants to fly it.

IS there ANY way to make a profit flying internationaly? When will this get fixed?

Hmmmm I have the answer.....

Sell All and leave....

Bad Vibes talking like this....

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Finally I've encountered someone whose spelling of airport names is worse than Miller's... :P j/k

No but seriously, the reason for why you can't make money on CVG-CDG might just be because somebody else is flying an A346 on that route charging $475...

[Edited on 8/9/2005 by ziliu]

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
It depends on the airports, and the PAX involved and any other factors like is there another airport... Cincinnati (or however you spell it) might not be big enough to go to those other airpots your mentioned.

On another note:

Leave the game if you dont like it... There is no need to say "i cant wait for this other game to open"

We dont need you around here, so just leave, or play and keep quite.. No point having you play if you hate it and want to play another game so...

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
How macy passengers do you take through your CVG hub per day? You may have noticed Delta pretty much owns CVG and prvoides a huge amount of connection oppurtunities there. They als o have a clsoe relationship with AF that allows connections t obe made @ CVG. These flights are not succesful P2P flights, they are transfers between hubs.

Guest_PhuketFokkerAir_*

Guest_PhuketFokkerAir_*
  • Guests
More like WTF is wrong with JFK?

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
more like calm down and dont get all swearing (or abreviated swearing)

JFK is a good airport, but not the greatest... depends on the PAX and other factors like other airports, and as we all know, some airports are better than others so just calm down.

Dont like the game for stupid reasons like hating airports because they dont make millions of dollars on a route.. leave....

Guest_db_*

Guest_db_*
  • Guests
Another game does not really help you. If you are a good airliner, know your economics and think, you will be successful in every airline simulation. Maybe not with the same aircraft, maybe not with the same routes.

And - yes, it know the other game very well.

And if you do not like AE. do not play.

[Bearbeitet am 8/9/2005 von db]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
JFK and MIA top the table as airports that aint that good!!!

I just think ur problem is u expect any route from a single airport to make money, but that doesnt happen in AE. First, my question would be, how big is ur presence at Cincinnati?? Do u have a hub there?? What type of aircraft fly ur shorter routes???

All these question will provide a logical answer. U cant expect any route long-haul route to make the same profit as say flying it from LHR. If u want ur long-haul from CVG to make money, u need firstly to build up ur airline at the airport, that means lots of routes to other US airports and thus, with a hub, will allow u to make more money.

Guest_Partyanima_*

Guest_Partyanima_*
  • Guests
First, I apologize for my hasty condemnation of Millers hard work.

Second, I have a hub there, Running everything from little Dos up to 737s. Large passenger influx (bout 2 737s, 4 717s and assorted smaller aircraft)

And I am doing routes without any competition (CVG to CDG being the lone exception.)

Im talking routes like CVG to Tegel.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
not enough demand for both airports.. how many gates are at CVG that you have?

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
If u wish CVG-TXL to work, u really need to build up ur CVG presence. If u have like 30% marketshare at CVG, that would suggest that u have plenty of flights in the US and thus, can earn more on the CVG-TXL route. Of course, TXL doesnt have much int. flights in real life, so....

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Welcome to realistic airline competition. Cincinnati is not that large of a market to be running flights such as those. The only reason there currently are 5 international flights (FKR, LGW, CDG, FCO, AMS) is because Delta connects very heavily into Cincinnati. I largely doubt you have similar amounts of connecting traffic into a Cincinnati hub.

Airline Empires is designed to be difficult, and in turn realistic. It takes real marketing intelligence to succeed, as many of the successful AE players will tell you.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
AirKevins question "Miller, I am 15 years old, am i a succesful AE player?"

what type of question is that????????

What would tell is what place you are... not your age you.. dont want to say to be nice.... but seriously think before posting..

Oh, learn computer basics.. maybe take computer class for grade ones..

seriously.. age has nothing to do.. a succesful ae player can be like 2 years old if he is good at the game.

[edit] oh wait.. to be succesfull u ahve to be 16.. so you arent
Oh, i would say the cutoff is the top 100 airlines would be the good ones to talk to and all that and the succesfull ones.. not really anything past 175th .. not like someone who is in the 230's who is asking...

[Edited on 8/10/2005 by Nathaniel]

[Edited on 8/10/2005 by Nathaniel]

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

My friend, Cincinnati-Honolulu is not an international flight.

To get the 767-300ER to work, you need one really large airport, and CVG is not it. Trans-Atlantic, you should have a reasonable chance of success (pending competition) with LHR, CDG, MAD, FRA, AMS, and maybe FCO and LGW. Others...good luck.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
yeah chicken pretty much covered it

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I dont thinkg CVG-LGW is going to really make that much. THe only really choices he will have from CVG are LHR, CDG, FRA, AMS, FCO and MAD. Nothing else there.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Originally posted by miller22

Airline Empires is designed to be difficult, and in turn realistic. It takes real marketing intelligence to succeed, as many of the successful AE players will tell you.

real marketing intelligence to succeed???? hmmm and all i thought was that we needed to know that anything above $0 profit would make money. Well, there goes that theory....

:P :D :D :(

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager

Originally posted by Maestro69

Originally posted by miller22

real marketing intelligence to succeed???? hmmm and all i thought was that we needed to know that anything above $0 profit would make money. Well, there goes that theory....

:P :D :D :(

That certainly helps, but don't forget that the route profit is only operating profit. You still have to pay for gates, aircraft, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users