• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
please keep this on topic.

if you want to discuss the actaul topic, post here. If not, try another thread, such as this one

http://airlineempire...ad.php?tid=3172

Dukeflight

Dukeflight

• 25 posts
doug_Or: sorry, this will be my last post on this thread.

drv4truck: I think you are right. I readed the "about" section of the page and says
"Airline Empires is a new web-based business simulation of the airline industry."
So it simulate just business... not the real world.
Well... I have to apologyze to everybody, I was confused after reading so many "Airlines" next to so many "Simulation" I though that the goal of the game was to simulate an airline and not just play with an offer and demand algorithm with airlines and routes as an excuse.
I'm not quite sure if I still want to keep playing this... competing on routes just for the sake of competing and growing makes no sense to me.
Sorry for the mood... I'm just angry right now :mad:

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by Dukeflight
doug_Or: sorry, this will be my last post on this thread.

drv4truck: I think you are right. I readed the "about" section of the page and says
"Airline Empires is a new web-based business simulation of the airline industry."
So it simulate just business... not the real world.
Well... I have to apologyze to everybody, I was confused after reading so many "Airlines" next to so many "Simulation" I though that the goal of the game was to simulate an airline and not just play with an offer and demand algorithm with airlines and routes as an excuse.
I'm not quite sure if I still want to keep playing this... competing on routes just for the sake of competing and growing makes no sense to me.
Sorry for the mood... I'm just angry right now :mad:

Hmmm...Interesting Comment towards the end of this Quote....

Pondering on the thoughts......your in....

:P:(:D:(:D

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
@ Doug - It's been sliding for a while now. No need to make it go back in the other direction.

@ mma - Global expansion is part of the simulation. You thought that it was bad when you had to compete with 15 other airlines on the same route. Well, now that other airlines have grown as much as they want to in the current regions (US, Asia, etc.), they will be moving to Europe and other areas and opening routes. I know at least three airlines that have opened hubs and terminals in Europe that started in the US.

When I started opening routes in Europe, the only way to get any Load Factor was to reduce prices drastically and then wait until the load factor % went up to increase prices. Otherwise I'd be stuck making -$ on a route at the same price as everyone else. You are more then welcome to open a US hub and try to cut prices on routes that you open.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by drv4truk
@ Doug - It's been sliding for a while now. No need to make it go back in the other direction.

@ mma - Global expansion is part of the simulation. You thought that it was bad when you had to compete with 15 other airlines on the same route. Well, now that other airlines have grown as much as they want to in the current regions (US, Asia, etc.), they will be moving to Europe and other areas and opening routes. I know at least three airlines that have opened hubs and terminals in Europe that started in the US.

When I started opening routes in Europe, the only way to get any Load Factor was to reduce prices drastically and then wait until the load factor % went up to increase prices. Otherwise I'd be stuck making -$ on a route at the same price as everyone else. You are more then welcome to open a US hub and try to cut prices on routes that you open.

Then if an Airline Player does this.....its a Joke to the game...

I quote this route.

Airline Vueling Airlines from FRA - ZRH
Vueling Airlines A319-100 1 121 $1

How can a player even think of making any funds when a route is charged at $1. ??????????????????????????????????

Is this what you call a BUG - Or Stupid Play?

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by mma
...I quote this route.

Airline Vueling Airlines from FRA - ZRH
Vueling Airlines A319-100 1 121 $1

How can a player even think of making any funds when a route is charged at $1. ??????????????????????????????????

Is this what you call a BUG - Or Stupid Play?

Vueling is being competitive and unpredictable, is willing to take a loss on this route to try and drive off competition. What is wrong with that?

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
Too bad it never works. Ive learned from experience on that 1. I tried it on 3 of my most crucial routes and not a damn thing changed. Still A330s on my routes. With all 325 and 358 of their seats

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
I have found the $1 fare (or some very low fare) does work. I got Sunshine to reduce capacity on LAX-SAN from a 717 (106 seats, frequency = 5) to an EMB-190 (105 seats, frequency = 5). He reduced capacity by 0.94%!:P:P

Seriously, it does work, but not all the time. If the player is huge, they tend to fight you. If the player is not paying attention, they tend to ignore you. If the player is small and struggling, they tend to leave.

[Edited on 8/15/2005 by Chicken]

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
I would like to see a Price Surveillance Authority preventing anyone from entering a fare higher than (say) double average fare on a per seat basis. Would minimise damage from the Navy bug.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I just think abnormally outrages fares should not be happening and airlines that do it get a stern warning about it....

People will strong hubs will sometimes have a higher price due to the fact they can earn money at that higher price, even thought others may be at $150-$200 fare wise.... I got some routes like that above my competitors but thats becuase my hub can create that type of demand for my flights......

Of course, i also got low fares on some routes to drive out the competition, as Chicken should know :P , of course, slowly but surely its affecting people and some will either leave or died trying to defend the route!!!! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users