raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

hi
something i don't understand:

Paris charles-de gaulle (CDG).
you pay here for each gate almost $600,000
I rent 22 gates at this airport, those 22 gates are build in a terminal and it's one of mine hubs.
I pay every month $700,000.

Frankfurt (FRA)
You pay here for each gate almost $550,000
I rent 17 gates at this airport, those 17 gates are build in a terminal and it's one of mine hubs.
I pay every month $1,1 million

How is this possible? CDG gates are more expensive, i have more gates at CDG than at FRA but in total I pay more for FRA..?

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

hi

I rent 22 gates at this airport, those 22 gates are build in a terminal and it's one of mine hubs.

Frankfurt (FRA)
I rent 17 gates at this airport, those 17 gates are build in a terminal and it's one of mine hubs.

How is this possible? CDG gates are more expensive, i have more gates at CDG than at FRA but in total I pay more for FRA..?

Normally, gates will cost more at a hub or terminal. However, this is strange, and may be a bug.
When you say "I Pay every month $700,000" do you mean per gate or for all the gates?
Posted Image

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

This is normal. Because you get a deep discount for additional gates in a terminal, it's often less total cost to have more. I know in ATL, 34 gates provides the minimum total terminal cost for more than 15 gates. I think 34 is consistent with other hubs too, but I haven't experimented with it since AE2.0

raraoul

raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

Normally, gates will cost more at a hub or terminal. However, this is strange, and may be a bug.
When you say "I Pay every month $700,000" do you mean per gate or for all the gates?

I mean for all the gates per month

But rotaryspd, i dont really understand you, my english (vocabulary) is not very good.
how is it possible that you pay less with 34 gates than 15 gates (in your position at ATL)?

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

I mean for all the gates per month

But rotaryspd, i dont really understand you, my english (vocabulary) is not very good.
how is it possible that you pay less with 34 gates than 15 gates (in your position at ATL)?

Then there is a major bug, if you're buying 22 of something that's $600k each and only paying $700k as a total.
Posted Image

mash

mash

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

hi

Frankfurt (FRA)

Just a little curious, but arnt hubs only allowed in the home country? how come you got hubs at multiple countries (france and germany)

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
WRONG, hubs are allowed where ever one may please in the open worlds (ODD #'d worlds)- look at my airline :P

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

Just a little curious, but arnt hubs only allowed in the home country? how come you got hubs at multiple countries (france and germany)

The European Union's Open Skies agreement allows for an airline based in an EU country to have hubs in any other EU country.
Posted Image

mash

mash

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

The European Union's Open Skies agreement allows for an airline based in an EU country to have hubs in any other EU country.

Yep i know that, thanks though for mentioning it. Infact the other day i read somewhere of Air India's interest to open a hub in Birmingham, UK to facilitate their north American flights!

Anyway, my previous post was related to AE and not the real world,and as i only operate in realistic world im not aware of the open world rules!

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts

Yep i know that, thanks though for mentioning it. Infact the other day i read somewhere of Air India's interest to open a hub in Birmingham, UK to facilitate their north American flights!

Anyway, my previous post was related to AE and not the real world,and as i only operate in realistic world im not aware of the open world rules!

http://www.airlineem...07-ae-relaunch/

check tht link out i provided. its the basic jist of it all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users