Average Load Factor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_fredyb_*

Guest_fredyb_*
  • Guests
I think it would be a nice little addition to be able to see your average load factor across all your destinations. Maybe right on the main page near your rank and DOP. If it's an easy thing to do, i think many people would be interested in seeing it.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
What do you want to see? Example, I have two planes...a Beech 1900D (19 seats) and a Boeing 747D (535 seats). Each has a frequency of 1. The Beech has a LF of 70%, the Boeing has a LF of 100%.

Method 1 (simple) - average the load factors. (70%+100%)/2 = 85%

Method 2 (more complex) - average number of seats filled. Beech has (70%*19) = 13 seats. Boeing has 535 seats filled. So average load factor = (seats filled)/(seats available) = (13+535)/(19+535) = 99%

Big difference. Which do you want.

BTW - dumb example, but easy to understand the issue.

Guest_fredyb_*

Guest_fredyb_*
  • Guests
I never really thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. Personally I would like to see the second method implemented.

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Well it's simple. Just browse trough all your routes (in my case, 21 pages of them ;)) and take the weighted average. Can't take that long, eh?

No seriously, such a function would be nice.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by Chicken
What do you want to see? Example, I have two planes...a Beech 1900D (19 seats) and a Boeing 747D (535 seats). Each has a frequency of 1. The Beech has a LF of 70%, the Boeing has a LF of 100%.

Method 1 (simple) - average the load factors. (70%+100%)/2 = 85%

Method 2 (more complex) - average number of seats filled. Beech has (70%*19) = 13 seats. Boeing has 535 seats filled. So average load factor = (seats filled)/(seats available) = (13+535)/(19+535) = 99%

Big difference. Which do you want.

BTW - dumb example, but easy to understand the issue.

Very well explained.....Good One Chicken...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users