Photo

Airbus vs. Boeing

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
One more stupid question, no flaming, please, but out of curiosity, why is it that Airbuses almost totally blow Boeings out of the water performance wise? I mean the A32X is cheaper and more effiecient than the 737. The only Boeing's that I thought can compete are 757 against A321 (which I'm leaning toward A321 for it's shorter turnaround times and only about 30-40 PAX short) and 747, because A380 is expensive to buy and to operate, unless on high-density, long-range routes. I was even disappointed to see how much 777 cost compared to A330/340 and how much it lagged in performance compared to the Airbuses.

So are Airbuses an overall better choice for you money, or do Boeing's have a special something I don't know about?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!

end of rant, for the time being ;)

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Oh fine, I guess I'll have to do something like search. I hate when this happens!;):P:D;)

Well, I found several posts about Airbuses being better in real life, but in the game, why order Boeing's if Airbuses are so much better? Are Boeing's special somehow or what? I found no post with that.

[Edited on 7/29/2005 by deltafan]

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Lets just say that the differences are not that big as it might seems (costs-wise) - it also depends on how you operate the plane, and the popularity of Boeing in this game sometimes is the consequence of Airbus long order book. (And look better on some stats cause you were not completely right about a small thing ;) )

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
I still don't get why Boeing's are so popular is Airbus has better performance. OK, sure it's a few million cheaper for an Airbus, but here is a performance comparision:

767-3/400 vs. A330-2/300

A330-200 $112,000,000 325 478 6,400 65 $3,800

767-300ER $123,000,000 240 460 6,105 65 $3,765

A330-300 $125,000,000 358 478 6,450 75 $3,950

767-400ER $134,000,000 283 460 5,645 80 $3,905

Clearly Airbuses are cheaper, carry more people, fly slightly faster, go farther, and, between the A330-300 and 767-400ER, turns around faster. The only thing I can think why someone would buy a Boeing IS because the Airbus orderbook is long. Then of course they get settled with the plane and find out it serves them well enough so they don't trade it.

Did anybody, at first tought after seeing this performance difference (in general between the two companies) immediatley still want a Boeing? I have a hard time believing it.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Lets just put it this way, they game is not exactly accurate for 737/A320 series comparisons. And this game does not have the winglet feature for 737's which would change the whole thing.

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
What I don't get is that the 747-400D can carry more (total 535) passenger than the A380 (505). I though the A380 was the biggest commercial airplane.

I just noticed that the A380 should have 555 seats instead of 505 (as is specified in this game). Could this be corrected? 50 seats is a lot of difference

A380-800 - Flightcrew of two. Standard seating for 555 passengers on two decks in a three class arrangement.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Rainbow - this has been brought up so manytimes that I lost count - and the 747-400D must be seen as the kind of 747 JAL operates (not all thier 747s though) - stacked with economy seats.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Something else I've thought of too, is this game doesn't take into account reliability, customer satifsfaction, ease of use, etc. In which case Boeing's, in most cases, might be worth buying over an Airbus. I'm not saying that Airbuses are unsafe, but studies show that a lot of people will fly on nothing else, but a Boeing. Then there are those who go with the Airbus because they can compensate for those people with more people filling the seats.

Off topic, but, will AE ever incorporate customer satisfaction with the airline and it's aircraft, maintainance reliability, ease of pilot training and cross-qualification, etc.?

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts

Originally posted by Tump
Rainbow - this has been brought up so manytimes that I lost count - and the 747-400D must be seen as the kind of 747 JAL operates (not all thier 747s though) - stacked with economy seats.

I used the search function, but couldn't find it. Maybe the search function is bugged too :cool:

I also know that the "D" stands for Domestic = shorter range, no winglets.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
deltafan, this is like your millionth repeat of post... research how to use the search button as peircy said.

this has been braught up A LOT of times so please stop repeating and making all these useless posts.. like your posts where you state stuff totally irrelevent to the posts like in other threads when they comment and then you state the q400 is bleh.. when it was not even relevent.

155 posts in 10 days of being registered... hmm...

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
search:

http://www.airlineem...d=2488#pid18667
http://www.airlineem...d=1354#pid12957

there was a really long thread on it too....

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
IT'S PIERCEY!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!!!!!

:mad:

Sargas

Sargas

• 66 posts

Originally posted by piercey

calm down pirecey...we know how to spell your name

;)

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Originally posted by Rainbow

I used the search function, but couldn't find it. Maybe the search function is bugged too :cool:

No its not bugged - its just that people usually dont give adaquate (or how you spell that lol *its morning over here :P*) titles to there topics, personally I find it best to scroll back a few pages and find the topics yourself, and believe me, it wont take long to find something. ;)

Of course for these kind of issues and questions we always have the IRC channel :D

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by piercey

what you say peircy ??? ;)

i frankly dont know how to spell.. its the mods job to fix it :P

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
Oh well, but I stole your mood ;)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yea.. ur jsut a big fat meany. makes me cry :P

j/k

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
For those who dont know the 747D is configured for small people at maximum capacity, at one class config. Airbus is planing to release a maximum A380 a 600-800 pax. The A380 is far larger.

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
But as someone said in another thread (forgive me because I forget who), the 747-400D guzzles gas like a space shuttle =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users