787-8 Seating off

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jupiter Air

Jupiter Air

• 59 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
According to Boeing's brochure, the 787-8 should carry 242 in 3 class configuration with the following breakdown: 16 F / 44 C / 182 Y. Current AE4 settings have it limited to 16/44/179 maxed out. With the seat/passenger quality factored in, this would make the 787 less profitable than it should be.

http://www.boeing.co...787brochure.pdf
Posted Image

FLYING THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
This should be now fixed. Enjoy your extra three seats! :P

sagsmall.png

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
its not right, max seating for the 787 should be 350 for the -8 and 375 for the -9 just as in RW... all sims should be this way, AE8 is already.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Flightsimmer, all sims are the same. They run from the same database. Max seating in AE4 and 8 on the 787-8 was 290, before I put it up to 293 to match Boeing's typical configuration information.

Can you provide a source to give the maximum seating that you quote there?

sagsmall.png

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
350 and 375 was the correct setting and was what was in the database up until last week until someone changed it. Yuxi fixed it from the previous 225/290 settings for the -8/9 which were just boeing's own standard 3 class config.

But the 787 is using the 767 max seating certificates, which is 350 and 375 respectively for the 767-300/400ER. It is doing this so they can save time in the certificaiton of the 787. The only way to do this however is if the numbers for seating capacity and number of emergency exits along with floor plans are the same which they are. the 787 is a tad bigger than the 767 but will feature the same size doors and number of exits.

Remember, max seating is not 3 class, its 1 class in a high desity configuration. even the -3 was stated to seat over 330pax in its standard configuration, which the -3 is a -8 frame.

so they need to be set back to the correct previous setting of 350/375 respectively.
17904 sim2

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I'm well aware of the fact that max seating is 1-class, but I think it was adjusted in the game to 290 based upon the only Boeing release information (I don't know who did it or their actual reasons though).

The reason I asked for a source from you was because all information I find on the internet in my own brief searches points to <300 seats (based upon 2-3 classes), and I struggle to find a true "maximum" value. I agree with you, these values for seating seem low; however, to prevent confusion and further reports similar to this one, I'd like some sourced data before I make any further changes.

I'll also get on to the game developers to see who / why it was changed from the values you list.

sagsmall.png

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

I'm well aware of the fact that max seating is 1-class, but I think it was adjusted in the game to 290 based upon the only Boeing release information (I don't know who did it or their actual reasons though).

The reason I asked for a source from you was because all information I find on the internet in my own brief searches points to <300 seats (based upon 2-3 classes), and I struggle to find a true "maximum" value. I agree with you, these values for seating seem low; however, to prevent confusion and further reports similar to this one, I'd like some sourced data before I make any further changes.

I'll also get on to the game developers to see who / why it was changed from the values you list.

yuxi already has seen the info on the certification and was the one who origionally changed it to the 350-375, so i dont know why it was changed from that... I was on the chat with him when he did them both.
17904 sim2

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Yuxi confirmed he put the seating up. We don't know who reduced it again, but he's approved me changing it back up to 350 and 375.

I'll have this done in just a few minutes.

sagsmall.png

Jupiter Air

Jupiter Air

• 59 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
Appreciate the fix. Gaming engine is always a WIP, and I really thing ensuring things are as accurate as possible only adds to the overall AE experience. Going to take a break after this round is over (at lest one round), but willingness to make fixes like this are one of the things that sets AE apart.
Posted Image

FLYING THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users