Photo

Regional Subsidiaries

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
I just thought that implementing a feature to let an airline have a regional subsidiary be fun, here's my idea on how to make it work:

Fully-owned: Still technically one airline, so it wouldn't be cheating, just a feature for fun and realism to let an airline have an area to operate regional routes.

Contract: Two airlines can contract (Bigger contracting a smaller airline) to operate regional routes. The larger airline would of course pay a monthly fee to the other airline to operate the routes, while they get a majority share in profits. And keep it as a way that would have it's advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages: Contract-Frees up own aircraft to operate own, more prestegious routes. Fully owned-No fee to pay, full profit, better able to keep track of.

Disadvantages: Contract-More expensive than fully owned. Fully-owned-Has to take your own planes to operate the smaller routes and makes expansion slightly harder to do.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Ok, Before Nathaniel gets to yell at you, let me say this, I did once suggest this, but it was shot down, It would take up too much bandwith for a redundent feature.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Point taken, Nathaniel, please don't kill me!!!!;):P

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
I think this would be possible once the alliance and contract script are compelted. My understanding (which could be completely wrong), was that the alliance feature would allow code shares (and therefor shared benifits ofa hub) and other cooperation. The contract script would allow transfer of money and loans (and potentialy simplify life for those who operate feeder airlines).

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
in other words, all the suggestions I got flamed for:mad:

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Yeah, well, life sucks ;)

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
The ability to contract with, and own other airlines will be included, but we have to make drastic changes to squash the cheating problem first.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
any ideas?

AceMaxwell

AceMaxwell

• 46 posts
  • WLM ID:Steudl4@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Steudl4
  • Yahoo ID:silversquadleader

Originally posted by airline55
any ideas?

throw things at the heads of the cheaters....big, clunky hard htings like desks and bookcases. :P

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
no, those are to light. How about pianos off Empire State Building :P

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
or run 'em over with a388's & b744's
anyway, Regional sub's aren't needed because of alliances

[Edited on 16-8-2005 by dyson_151_15]