Photo

type of flight suggestions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (did a quick search but couldnt find it).

Currently there is only 1 type of passenger, wouldn't it be more challenging if this was seperated into : leisure & business passengers (as some airports attrackt more business passengers than others) and be able to set different leisure & business prices.

Also there is no difference in the type of flights, no low-cost carriers with lower hourly rates than full service carriers (compare EasyJet and Emirates Airlines). I think that you should be able to choose if you want to be a low-cost or full-service airline (of course not be able to change it every day).

ANyone has a comment on these ideas

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
I'm just curious, do you have any type of skill with any type of language? If you did, you'd know that it was difficult to program that stuff and would suck up precious bandwith! ;)

Nice, but unlikely

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
That sounds great but if all these i deas that everyone has gets implement and add more accounting, basically all the features suggested with cool graphic creations, for new routes pictues of country details in things. He has a game which should be bought and ill pay of course, like Aerobiz but more real time especially with stock market. Cause thats a lot of work and should be given its due. As long as its not a monthly fee access, cause i dont do it now and i wont do it ever. Like Half Life u buy the game and that it. Off subject, I think thats great idea.

Id love to see marketing implemented, where everyone has to market their Airline and must make anouncemtns or anouncement are automatically posted. Im blabing. I love Ae and games of the sort.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Each new level of service we introduce (first class, coach, etc.) will effectively double the size of the database, amount of bandwith, and server resources, which means halving either the players, the speed of the game, or losing other bandwidth laden features.

We thought about it, and its just too redundant for the resources it would be using. Not to mention it would require entering new values for each city in the game.

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts

Originally posted by miller22
answer

Thx for the answer, I didn't realise that it would have such an enormous impact on the database and bandwith (I ain't a programmer).

Adding all new data to the cities, with already this much cities, arghh the horror. I can understand why it is very unlikely to be implemented.

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
Question for miller22 (but if anyone would like to comment feel free to do so)

1. If u created an application were all the complicated UI and extra info would be on the users computer, and all basic info would be transferd back and forth to the server, would bandwith and such still be a large problem?

2. If not, due to the extra income from sales from the game, would be able to tranfer into a larger server? Or have different server store seperate info (1. database 2. graphics/livery 3. etc)?

3. Is it a thought for you to create such an application which would interact with other users online?

4. What r your thoughts?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
If miller did that, he would alienate most of his customers, the teenager who probably doesn't have a credit card, or the college student, and we know how rich those are. ;)

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
[quote]Originally posted by BluePhoenix
Question for miller22 (but if anyone would like to comment feel free to do so)

1. If u created an application were all the complicated UI and extra info would be on the users computer, and all basic info would be transferd back and forth to the server, would bandwith and such still be a large problem?

2. If not, due to the extra income from sales from the game, would be able to tranfer into a larger server? Or have different server store seperate info (1. database 2. graphics/livery 3. etc)?

3. Is it a thought for you to create such an application which would interact with other users online?

4. What r your thoughts? [quote]

1: I think one of the good things about this game is that it's web-based, meaning virtually everyone (with an internet connection) will have access to it everywhere, without having to install or download anything, you just register and start flying right away.

[Edited on 7/27/2005 by ziliu]

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
1) .... its an online game not a program to install on someones computer, then comes up with having to make it.. and that would probably make MORE bandwidth being used because its constant uploads and downloads... so even more problems.. (Not a good idea in the first place)

2) it would be complicated to have more than one.. AND EXPENSIVE ... oh .. this is the 3rd different web hosting place we moved to... which caused LOTS of problems.. and this server probably has a lot of stuff on it that AE needs, and is not needed to get yet another one, because another one would be EVEN MORE expensive than this one, and run into financial problems.

thats all i got to say... just my opinions on the stuff and how it would affect...

[edit]

1) oh yeah.. everyone would have to be on at the same time for all the stuff to be there... so youd have missing data of a couple were down.. thats what i would think would happen, a since a lot of data would be on it...

[Edited on 7/27/2005 by Nathaniel]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users