Photo

Gates (i know i know)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

B767

B767

• 14 posts
Something needs to be done about gates i think and i believe many will agree. I was checking out the rankings and the airlines in the top 5 own an average of 20 gates at US airports. Shouldnlt they build their own new terminals instead of using poor people's (me) gates ...i mean they have the money...or should the database have more gates added to it?

Thank you in advance!

Taylor

ealvarez

ealvarez

• 162 posts
main problem is the big airlines just arent bulding theyre own terminals, that i can see anyway, so basically us smaller airlines really dont have much room. im just finding scraps at the moment and trying to get what i can. if the big boys would deffinitely decide to make theyre terminals we would deffinitely have alot more room.

just think of what would happen if continental, delta, united, AA, and all the other big carriers didnt make theyre own terminals at airports heavily used by them. theyd pretty much dominate

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
Perhaps the terminals need to be made more enticing.

Like no future gate costs if you operate your own terminal. Or maybe lower the gate costs to 10% of present costs or something. This way more airlines with the ability to build terminals will do so. Because right now it doesn't make much economic sense to build your own terminals, no matter how rich you are.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Gate costs are lowered when you build terminals.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Originally posted by AirKevin

I know, but obviously not significantly enough since not a lot of people (not even rich ones) are building them.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
well the larger airlines are left with the dilema of keeping their gates as-is and not growing out of that airport, or be nice and let every new airline bring down their profits.

thats one of the problems having LAX still open; most of the routes have gotten flooded

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
As we start getting some real hard sell outs more carriers will build terminals. I don't yet, becasue my hub airport still has gates availalbe. I do however, have plans to buy a terminal (elseware) in year 5.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by Crazy764

Originally posted by AirKevin

I know, but obviously not significantly enough since not a lot of people (not even rich ones) are building them.

Well, not even are costs a major problem, but some airports, like LGA and DCA can only have x amount of gates on a terminal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users