Photo

Boeing's commonality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
I'm wondering, is the 777's cockpit the same as the 767/757 and 744? The only difference I know so far is the fly by wire. So are they similar like Airbus? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this

And, If I fly a lot of aircraft with commonality, will I save $?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
in game the fleet commonality isn't as effective as it should be, obviously the more of the same type of aircraft you use the cheaper it is. You introduce a whole new cost base when another family is brought into the fleet. If you go to the finances page you will see Aircraft maintenance, click that and it will show your base costs for each type of aircraft in your fleet.

I for one think the game needs more of a penalty for adding new fleet types, adding airbus A320 alongside 737 for example should at least double your maintenance and pilot costs etc, perhaps in the future this will be implemented.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

in game the fleet commonality isn't as effective as it should be, obviously the more of the same type of aircraft you use the cheaper it is. You introduce a whole new cost base when another family is brought into the fleet. If you go to the finances page you will see Aircraft maintenance, click that and it will show your base costs for each type of aircraft in your fleet.

I for one think the game needs more of a penalty for adding new fleet types, adding airbus A320 alongside 737 for example should at least double your maintenance and pilot costs etc, perhaps in the future this will be implemented.

Yes. Crew training and other things should be included (besides maintenance).

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
I read somewhere before that commonality does save money in AE but is there a way to see the savings?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Trident Air

Trident Air

• 31 posts

I read somewhere before that commonality does save money in AE but is there a way to see the savings?

Look at your "maintenance costs" link under the finance page. It shows the base cost of each type you operate, plus the cost for each aircraft in that series. For instance, My airline operates ERJ-145, A319, and A320s. There is a base cost for the A32x series and a base cost for the ERJ series. Under those headings, there's a cost to maintain each aircraft. The A319, for example, is slightly cheaper to maintain than the A320, but there is no additional base cost. As you add more of a certain fleet type, the base cost is spread out among more planes, helping your costs.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

I'm wondering, is the 777's cockpit the same as the 767/757 and 744? The only difference I know so far is the fly by wire. So are they similar like Airbus? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this

And, If I fly a lot of aircraft with commonality, will I save $?

Yes and no.

The 777 cockpit is completely different from the 737, 747, 757 and 767. However the cockpit itself is actually the same exact cockpit from the 767. Boeing took section 41 of the 767 fuselage and used it as section 41 of the 777 fuselage. They are configured differently though

comman type ratings:
707/727/737-200-500
757/767
777/787
747-8 will be pretty comman with 787

in 21 days, a 737 pilot can go to being a 747 pilot.

here is a good chart for this http://i227.photobuc...Boeing-STAR.jpg

Airbus however, because of the flight systems and cockpits being almost the exact same fromt the A318-A380 has a greater advantage in cockpit commonality.

fly by wire doesnt have any affect on commonality though. Its just changes the pilots input into a electrical input and sends it to the control surface instead of having to use actual physical power to do it.

hope that helps a little.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users