Photo

Aircraft Ordering Within a Family

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Aircraft Families (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be able to take delivery of several aircraft from within a family simulataneously?

1. Voted Yes (15 votes [53.57%])

Percentage of vote: 53.57%

2. NO (13 votes [46.43%])

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Worldlines

Worldlines

• 22 posts

User's Awards

I was wondering whether it would be possible for airlines to be able to take delivery of different aircraft from the same family simultaneously. I was thinking about how I would like to order my aircraft in the future and I am looking into getting Airbus A-319's, 20's, and 21's, but I would have to wait for all of one type to be delivered before I would be able to take delivery of another type. Also, if I wanted to make follow - up orders, I would have to wait for all of the current orders to be through before I could take any new ones. Is there a way that this could be fixed?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
You don't have to wait until the current orders are through before placing new ones. In fact, adding on orders while your production line is still "warm" can save you 1-3 weeks since you won't have the additional lead time associated with a new order.

Worldlines

Worldlines

• 22 posts

User's Awards

Yes, I know this. What I am saying is that if I order a320's and then a319's and then a321's, I will have to wait for all of the 320's to be delivered before the 319's start coming, and wait for all the 319's before the 321's start coming, and If I place follow on orders, I must wait for all the current orders in that family to be delivered before those will be delivered, and again, in order of how I placed the order. My suggestion is that we should be able to take delivery of 319's 320's and 321's at the same without having to wait for the entire family to be delivered, in other words, I believe that we should be able to take delivery of different aircraft from the same aircraft family simultaniously. I hope that made sense!

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
We had this before in AE before the delivery system was changed to the current version. Trust me i don't think you will want this it over-saturates routes much faster.

Trident Air

Trident Air

• 31 posts

We had this before in AE before the delivery system was changed to the current version. Trust me i don't think you will want this it over-saturates routes much faster.

Yeah, when each individual model has a separate delivery queue, the game gets too big too fast. It might be nice if you could buy options on a family, then specify specific models closer to delivery...

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
what we need to do is be able to arrange certain types within the ording system as we cant order more than one type at a time.

i brought this up with the origional beta last year, but nothing has come of it...

Lipman, it doesnt saturate the game any more than having more than one airline does...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Modesto

Modesto

• 99 posts
I don't think we should be able to receive aircraft from the same family simultaneously. However, I do agree with flightsimers idea, which I've also suggested in the sim beta forum. I think their should be a way to change the order of pending deliveries after you order various aircraft. And I don't see the big deal in doing this since aircraft in the same family take the same amount of time to construct. The only one restriction I think there should be is, you can't change the order of aircraft being delivered in the current month or of the month following. Only from two months onwards.

tlacey

tlacey

Chief Executive Officer

• 49 posts
  • Skype Name:tom.egroup
There isnt a need to fix what isn't broke. I agree with being able to rearrange the ordering q though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users