Photo

767-200 Replacement?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

The photo for this aircraft in AE is of the ANA Business Jet service, all J class. ANA has some in 24 J / 20 Y, and others are 38 J....unusual for a real world airline. I have a number of mine in F/J premium configuration, which makes them very profitable indeed. They fit perfectly with my business plan to focus on premium passengers.

Cool. Thanks for telling me about that. I tried doing similar Business or First-only services in the US domestic market with 737-800s (and failed) but I think when I open my European airline in the next world I might use 737ER on int'l and regional.
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
The only reason the 737ER is a good replacement for the 762 in AE is because we're ignoring cargo. Otherwise the 762's cargo capacity helps to offset its poor CASM. :P

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

The only reason the 737ER is a good replacement for the 762 in AE is because we're ignoring cargo. Otherwise the 762's cargo capacity helps to offset its poor CASM. :P

I do agree with the 762's increased profitability with cargo. However, I disagree with your statement about the 737ER's poor CASM. I use it on short, regional routes such as JFK-BOS, domestic services like JFK-HIO (7x weekly with a 650k daily profit!), and international like JFK-FUE and have never had a problem with CASM/unprofitability.
Posted Image

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I do agree with the 762's increased profitability with cargo. However, I disagree with your statement about the 737ER's poor CASM. I use it on short, regional routes such as JFK-BOS, domestic services like JFK-HIO (7x weekly with a 650k daily profit!), and international like JFK-FUE and have never had a problem with CASM/unprofitability.

I believe Yuxi was referring to the 762's poor CASM not the 737NG's mediocre (A320's are better) CASM.

R6 - NSW Airlines

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

I believe Yuxi was referring to the 762's poor CASM not the 737NG's mediocre (A320's are better) CASM.

Oh he is, i realize. Maybe i should pay attention :/ lol
Posted Image

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
The 737NG does still of course have a poor CASM, when compared to similar aircraft though.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

The 737NG does still of course have a poor CASM, when compared to similar aircraft though.

Do you have any data to back this up?

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
I'll prove it as soon as I can find someone operating both the 737-700ER and the A320 series, so I can get some data and work out the actual CASM figures in AE.

ccvl

ccvl

AE Know It All

• 105 posts
FLY ORANGE AE7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users