Photo

Profitable aircraft

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

usmcerik

usmcerik

• 1 posts
First I have to say I've been playing Sim 1 for nearly a month and I'm still learning, so pardon me being the "new guy on the block". My problem is I am trying to move from a prop only airline to a prop/jet airline. I purchased a DC-9-10 thinking it would be a good start. I was wrong. I couldn't find a route that would even come close to breaking even. I tried several such as STL-JFK/DFW/DCA and so on. I even tried routes that had no other airlines were flying or just a little bit of compitition. So I sold that aircraft and tried a MK1000 instead. Now I have it flying one route just barely in the black. I don't even want to venture into looking at 737's, 707's, 727's or anything else if this is the results I can expect. With about 30 props making good profits I'm thinking why change to jet aircaft at all?

I have 28 gates out of STL (which is my main hub airport) and control the majority of market share. Any suggestions that someone can give this old fart? :puzzled::puzzled::puzzled: Thanks!

Erik

allegiant

allegiant

• 54 posts
The smallest jets are not very efficient, too much fuel burn per available seat. Since they burn so much fuel, you need more seats to offset the costs with added revenue. Try the 737-200 with the -15A engines, it's a pretty good balance between fuel burn and seats. For your bigger cities, don't see why the DC-10-10 or L-1011-1 won't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users