Photo

[Fixed] Lifetime Profit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

air-canada

air-canada

• 10 posts
As the game has only begun recently I would find it difficult to believe someone with a 530000 profit daily has a lifetime profit of -44 million. I do not know how this came about.

Also my ticket prices when viewed seem to be all $8 dollars in F although overall route revenues are the unchanged.:puzzled:

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
There's definitely something going on with lifetime profit - I'll look into it.

As for ticket prices, can you post a screenshot? :P

Maulrus

Maulrus

• 4 posts
I was wondering about that too. My lifetime profit steadily decreased to about $96 million before slowly beginning to reverse itself sometime in mid-February.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Right now the lifetime profit is recorded daily but gathers month-to-date data each time, so that's why it's many times what it should be for everyone.

Now to find a solution :P

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
From now on, lifetime profit should be added correctly. I divided all existing values by 24 so it should be pretty close to the real value.

dhon

dhon

Smile Group

• 40 posts
can i ask how the lifetime value comes out?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
It's your net profit for the day, recorded at every day change. Life profit is just the sum of all those records. :P

air-canada

air-canada

• 10 posts
The 8 dollar first class ticket prices seemed to have been resolved after adjusting them properly.

Africaspotter

Africaspotter

Mr McCool

• 323 posts
  • Skype Name:Africaspotter
What I don't understand is the following:

If I have 0 cash, I have lost over all the time I have been playing the amount of 5 mio. How can my life time profit be -17 mio? That does not make sense.
Voyage (13814) ... Number one airline.

The Number 1-Travel-Wiki at http://www.wikivoyage.org

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
In my case, I have never loss any money daily, and all money I make I reinvest. Negative profits are in the case when you are loosing money, not when you take your profit share and reinvest, whether it is an asset or a service (lease). If I am making money daily, then my profite should be always possitive. Net Profit to date should be calculated as the amount of money USER has made after expenses. Reinvestments should not be calcuated. Value of a company, then you can take amount of cash and assest to determine the value. (Which you already know).

It you want to determine a company's strength vs, then maybe somehow have its DOP and amount of cities and people travel and make a grade level which can determine an airline strength.

For instance: i make over $11million DOP, my ranking is 172 out of 172 (dead last), my daily PAX is 38 million which is third (Kaalelem, AirBirlin), I fly very effecient aircraft, 787, A319, An-148. So fuel is good.
I have a terminal at my main HUB, which halved my monthly leasing there, Yet Im rated as last. So Im not sure what the rankings are implying.

(I hope this made sense, I tend to write all over sometimes. :puzzled:)
Posted Image

CEO of Srato-Lion Airlines
Airline ID: -4615

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
So aircraft lease payments should not be counted against net profit?

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts

So aircraft lease payments should not be counted against net profit?

I think it should be just a monthly expense. Because its and investment.
Posted Image

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
I was looking at my screen and I was wondering, if you lease all your a/c then you asset value is 0. The only thing you own is the cash you have or dont.

So there must be a theorehtical value which must apply. Im not certain how to get this, Id guess as to say , theorehtical value would be the estimate amount of money that a/c will be making (REVENUE ONLY devided by 12) you in a calender year. All other expeses are not mixed in. That should be your value of your comapny. True an equal company that owns its planes WILL be worth more.
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Well, I agree that there should be a better way of ranking airlines. Before it was just the biggest were the best when in fact the largest are not always the most profitable.

What happened to the regional ranking system that we have in Sim 2? You can rank airlines in many ways and having this 1 rank system makes it a bit lopsided. Right now I see airlines ranked higher than myself and they only have 15 planes and 20 cities. So all the time I'm putting into the game is really for nothing, well that's what it looks like.

I think there should be more rankings shown on the ranking page just as on the main main.php.

So we would have ranks for.

Highest pax Europe
" " North America
" " Asia

And so on...

This will encourage people to play for different goals. If it's left as it is I think all I need to do is get rid of half my fleet , drop 50% of my routes and I will zoom up the rankings.

I feel some DejaVu here, I have explained this all before but maybe we can change it once and for all .

For the rest I think the fares are quite realistic and I notice it does not always pay to have 60x frequencies on a route and even if someone else does that you can still go on that route and make a bit of money.
Posted Image

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts

Well, I agree that there should be a better way of ranking airlines. Before it was just the biggest were the best when in fact the largest are not always the most profitable.

What happened to the regional ranking system that we have in Sim 2? You can rank airlines in many ways and having this 1 rank system makes it a bit lopsided. Right now I see airlines ranked higher than myself and they only have 15 planes and 20 cities. So all the time I'm putting into the game is really for nothing, well that's what it looks like.

I think there should be more rankings shown on the ranking page just as on the main main.php.

So we would have ranks for.

Highest pax Europe
" " North America
" " Asia

And so on...

This will encourage people to play for different goals. If it's left as it is I think all I need to do is get rid of half my fleet , drop 50% of my routes and I will zoom up the rankings.

I feel some DejaVu here, I have explained this all before but maybe we can change it once and for all .

For the rest I think the fares are quite realistic and I notice it does not always pay to have 60x frequencies on a route and even if someone else does that you can still go on that route and make a bit of money.

I actually like Sim2 Beta. Im not playing Sim 2 at the moment, at least until there is a reset (ive gotten board).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users