- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
The sim2 beta server is now open for everyone! All accounts from sim2 have been copied over so you should be able to log in with your sim2 username and password.

Several important changes and new features have been made, so please read before you start playing:

Aircraft Leasing
Instead of paying half the value when ordering and half upon delivery, you will pay for the first six months of the lease when ordering and nothing upon delivery. Monthly payments are proportional to the aircraft's value. You can get discounts on the monthly payments if you order in quantity and/or sign up for a longer lease period.

You can extend a lease any time (this lowers your monthly payments) or terminate it for an early termination fee (half of the remaining sum in the contract). You can also buy the aircraft from the lessor, and half the sum already paid in the lease will be taken off the purchase price (which is the current valuation of the aircraft).

Posted Image

Buying aircraft from manufacturers and from the market remains unchanged.

Route Structure and Weekly Frequencies
Each segment of a roundtrip is now technically separate, so you can manipulate prices in each direction independently.

Posted Image

Routes are set up in weekly frequencies instead of daily. This means each aircraft has 160 flying hours a week. You can view passengers and profits in daily, weekly, or monthly units (this option can be changed in the settings).

For example, if you view daily route stats (set by default), the route details page shows the average number of seats on that route per day. So if you have less than 7x Weekly frequency, the number of seats will show less than the number installed on the aircraft (and vice versa).

Each gate gives you 50 weekly slots.

Multiple Classes

Speaking of seats installed on aircraft, you can now configure your aircraft for up to three classes of service. By default, aircraft come with all-economy seating. You can change an aircraft's seat configuration any time.

Posted Image

Ticket Prices

For each route, there's a suggested price calculated proportionally to the distance. If there's much more demand than seats available, you will be able to raise the price higher and still get a full load, and vice versa.

There is no autopricing, but a new route optimization tool (found at the top of your routes list) can help you keep all your routes in an optimal profit range. It's pretty self-explanatory. Selecting the "repeat as needed" option will repeat the operation until your routes are in the loadfactor range you specify.

Posted Image

You can change ticket prices directly from the routes list (keep in mind the profit and loadfactor will not update until you reload the page):

Posted Image

Route Research
The route research page lets you see passenger demand, the ticket price history, and competition data for any city pair:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other Improvements
A route lookup tool on the game's main menu lets you create new routes quickly. You don't have to rent gates first - you can do that directly from the route creation page!

Posted Image

New charts for finance data and other statistics lets you see where your money is going:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other Additions
Income tax is now levied on a monthly basis. The rate depends on your base country. Check here for the list of rates for different countries:
http://en.wikipedia....round_the_world

If your country isn't listed, the rate will be average of all the countries in that list.

Aircraft maintenance costs apply for each aircraft type as well as each aircraft. Fleet commonality is now crucial to profitability, especially in the beginning.

Known Issues
Pagination settings (number of elements to show on a page) do not affect the route list, so you will always see all your routes. This is a temporary solution for a problem that messes up the layout if one-way routes are mixed in.

Please keep all bug reports in the appropiate forum: http://forums.airlin...isplay.php?f=69

Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress. As such, some features may not work. Expect disruptions anytime when I'm working on the code. Don't get too attached to your airline on the beta server because there's a higher chance of a catastrophic problem that requires a reset at any time!

If you have any questions, please post in the SIM2 Beta forum.

The time will begin tomorrow (Saturday) night at around 7pm EST, running at 30 minutes / game day.

Enjoy!
David

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
Hope this isnt a dumb question but do you have to restart and login somewhere else or is it in the current Sim2 game:D

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

Hope this isnt a dumb question but do you have to restart and login somewhere else or is it in the current Sim2 game:D

It is a separate game than sim2. This is the link to login http://aetest.simula...d.net/login.php

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
You can also select "Sim2 - Beta" from the dropdown on the login screen.

Spenser

Spenser

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

You can also select "Sim2 - Beta" from the dropdown on the login screen.

Can the aircraft added in Sim2 be added to the new sim (EMB-110, MD-80, etc)?

Also, is there an estimation on route profit and is there autopricing?

Great updates but it is very confusing and routes aren't as lucrative.

Great game and ideas but it would be ideal if it was organized similar to the current Sim2 :)

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts
when is the game actually starting (coming off paus)?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

The time will begin tomorrow (Saturday) night at around 7pm EST, running at 30 minutes / game day.

It's at the bottom, I didn't expect many people to read it anyway :)

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

It's at the bottom, I didn't expect many people to read it anyway :)

Sure, The time I will be at a wedding sitting back having a few beers. :D Good luck everyone and look forward to getting on sunday to see what I missed out on. :P

Spenser

Spenser

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
I think opening a route should be the same process as sim2. But besides that great improvements:D

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts
r u still only allowed 2 aircraft per manufacturer p/month? Does this apply for leasing as well?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Yes, leased aircraft have to be delivered just like bought ones.

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts
I mean can you only get 2 per month?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Yes, two per manufacturer per month (same as sim2)

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts
thx

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Just a quick note - but I'm absolutely loving this beta. Its very engaging. Well done indeed!

dhon

dhon

Smile Group

• 40 posts
For the maintenance costs, how can I benefit from fleet commonality?
Only by using the same type(eg:only A319) or the same family (both A318/319/320/321)?

Spenser

Spenser

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

Only by using the same type(eg:only A319) or the same family (both A318/319/320/321)?

Will the beta be replacing the old Sim2. if so when?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Fleet commonality is counted by family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users