Sorry, i don't understand it...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_Tobisky_*

Guest_Tobisky_*
  • Guests
Hi all

I opened a new route from Toronto to Dallas F.W.. The average ticket prize is over 300$
I tipped in 300$ and i will make no profit. 28% passangers on the flights... How can that be, if just 3 other Airlines fly on this route with prizes over 300$ and i cannot make profit with 300$ for a ticket?
Is that one big BUG? I tried with other routes either. Always the same problem :mad::P

Cheers Tobi

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
what aircraft are you using and what aircraft's are the other people using?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Its really comes down to the capacity on the route which will determine the price on the Toronto-DFW route.

If those 3 airlines are flying aircraft with capacity for 120-180 pax, u have to expect that u aint going to get the same profit yield on the route as they have. Thats why u would need to undercut their price by maybe $25-$50 to get a good LF and a nice profit.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
Also, if those airlines have a hub in either city their load factors may be higher.

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18

Originally posted by Tobisky
Hi all

I opened a new route from Toronto to Dallas F.W.. The average ticket prize is over 300$
I tipped in 300$ and i will make no profit. 28% passangers on the flights... How can that be, if just 3 other Airlines fly on this route with prizes over 300$ and i cannot make profit with 300$ for a ticket?
Is that one big BUG? I tried with other routes either. Always the same problem :mad::P

Cheers Tobi

Becuase I dominate that route, and I can afford to have lower ticket prices.. and YYZ is my hub. :P

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
as other people said .. its all with competition.. and NOT A BUG

like think.... more competition on route... less demand.... means u need to have lower prices...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users