Photo

Can i do this? Part 2!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
A person in the FTG Alliance is selling all of his aircraft due to not wanting to play the game anymore. I offer him 12 million for each of his Q400;s. Can i buy them from him, since he is going?

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
This is definately an interesting question, and one that I was going to bring up in hte rules debate before it broke down to kind of petty bickering. I, for one definatley wouldn't. Anyone taking advantage of an oppurtunity not available to all is getting ahead unfairly. If an airline is no longer being run as a for profit entity, then isn't selling a/c @ half price essentialy acting like a feeder?

I think transglobal had it right when he offered auctions before going out of buisness. By making te delas public he was able to allow airlines to buy aircraft at below value without unfairly benifiting any one airline.

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
Hey Doug check our U2

hpscot08

hpscot08

• 504 posts
Although we never got the planes we bid on:P.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by hpscot08
Although we never got the planes we bid on:P.

Yeah, but its the though that counts, right?:P

In all seriousness, several airlines have apparently given up playing and sold their aircraft at min prices. Not sure what became of them or their aircraft, though.

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
IMHO, I don't think something like this should be considered cheating. Companies sell of their assets real cheap all the time when they go out of business. Maybe if there was a way to control it such as banning their IP from starting another airline.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by duckbilled
IMHO, I don't think something like this should be considered cheating. Companies sell of their assets real cheap all the time when they go out of business. Maybe if there was a way to control it such as banning their IP from starting another airline.

Companies auction of their assets to cover debts when they've been forced out of buinsess.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Definitely not a cheat, IMO. It's considered asset divestment, which is common when dogs are cut from the corporation. Can you tell I've been taking my MBA?

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
When corporation sell of assets, they do so for the best price they can, don't they? Thats why I like the auction idea.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Well in Ireland anyway, when banks sell off assets due to bankruptcy they dont usually wait for the highest bidder, they offload the goods asap.

I think it is unfair to do the above, but if it happens in real life, then I suppose it can happen here.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
I don't think that's wrong, but your name and slogan are definatly overboard. I agree with people that the names, slogans, and logos should be G rated.

-Jasper-

-Jasper-

• 16 posts

User's Awards

I shouldn't do it, Big Brother is watching!

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by StephenM
Well in Ireland anyway, when banks sell off assets due to bankruptcy they dont usually wait for the highest bidder, they offload the goods asap.

I think it is unfair to do the above, but if it happens in real life, then I suppose it can happen here.

So if two people offer diffrent prices they go with thw lower one? They don't wait to get a higher bidder, but I'm sure they go with the highest bid they have.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
The fastest sale wins, its not their money, they dont care.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com

Originally posted by doug_Or

Originally posted by StephenM

So if two people offer diffrent prices they go with thw lower one? They don't wait to get a higher bidder, but I'm sure they go with the highest bid they have.

In business, you can do whatever you want IRL, same should it be here.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Well, I just bought a couple of aircraft (A321's,etc.) from the public market that were near half price. If you didn't grab them fast enough or don't have the cash for them, why should I be called a cheater just because someone is selling these aircraft cheap? If anyone is still interested (last I checked) there is an A346 still on sale for $90M. Get it before its gone, but are you going to be called a cheater because of it?

dandude22

dandude22

• 33 posts
I don't think it's wrong at all.

One of the members of our alliance is quitting the game so he offered all of his AC at cheap prices for alliance members.

emiliovp

emiliovp

• 79 posts
As long as the plane is sold in the public market or via a bid, is perfectly normal in my opinion.

In any case, the anti-cheat script maybe controls strange sellings like feeder airlines or anything else. Any mod would like to comment this?

BTW, I took the 3rd. A321-200 and a Q400 offered in the public market for half the market value. I couldn't believe it when I saw this, and of course, didn't hesitate on taking them.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
No doubt. But what is considered good business sense can be construed as cheating by others or even by the software. If we are ever offered a game world where we have to pay to play and it elimantes some of this nonsense, then I'm all for it.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

In business, you can do whatever you want IRL, same should it be here.

I'm obviously in the minority (or pehaps alone), and I accept that, but I don't agree with a lot of the premises here. In real life you could offer your assets for less than you could get for them, BUT YOU WOULDN'T, becasue the money was real. (you might have asset fire sales, but that would only becaseu you needed the money imidiately)

As I said above, my opinion is obvisouly not that of the majority, and if most AE p[layers are OK with everyone doing this, then thats the way it is. I simply don't undersatnd how this is any diffrent in practical terms then gaining from a feeder airline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users