• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
I'm not sure how it's possible but there are airlines running 2 or more aircraft on the LHR - HND route.

http://ae.simulation...1=HND&city2=LHR

Air Takoa
SSS
Crazy Jet

When I try I get the following messaqge.

Round Trip (no more one ways allowed on this route)

If they are abusing something can we have this fixed please?

And if they are abusing something have them removed from the game or fined heavily!
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
Probably one from LHR and another from HND?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Probably one from LHR and another from HND?

I tried that and it does not work.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
There are a few that have massive one ways in the game look at HND - NGO just a short distance but one player just massed on it.

You can make HND / FRA and another FRA / HND I just tried it just before I posted this.

Tobias did say he corrected it, but looks like it has not happened.

As for placing a fine on the player, you cant fine a player if the game/system allows it, the bug or loop-hole has to be fixed and any further mass / abuse that is found, then that player can be placed on notice, either removed from the game or fined.
:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

There are a few that have massive one ways in the game look at HND - NGO just a short distance but one player just massed on it.

You can make HND / FRA and another FRA / HND I just tried it just before I posted this.

Tobias did say he corrected it, but looks like it has not happened.

As for placing a fine on the player, you cant fine a player if the game/system allows it, the bug or loop-hole has to be fixed and any further mass / abuse that is found, then that player can be placed on notice, either removed from the game or fined.
:P

Nice explanation but that still does not explain how I cannot place more than one way on the same routes. We'll let Elchie sort it out when he has time.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Just looked into this and I agree with you Glennos.

I tried to place a second one-way and it clearly states:

Round Trip (no more one ways allowed on this route)

However on this route one player has massed x4 on it and they are not returns...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Unless ofcourse they got 4-5 tabs open on their browsers and simultaneously click create route and perhaps dont trigger the "you have already created the route" page. Just a hunch...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I say warn them they are circumventing a game rule by using a bug in the game and that their actions will result in them being removed from the game if they do not stop and remove their multiple one way flights!
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
Can't you have two one-ways with one airplane originating from each city?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Can't you have two one-ways with one airplane originating from each city?

You cannot have more than 1 (one) one way trip on a route.

If you want to fly 10 returns then that is fine.
If you want to fly 20 one way's from one origin that is fine as long as they are not to the same destination.
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
I understand that... but wouldn't it be fair if you use two aircraft, but 1 originating from each city?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

If you want to fly 10 returns then that is fine.

Cant do more than 5 returns from a city, thats what I just found out, got one of your old 404's and tried to place it x7 times on a 177 nm route and 5 is max it would allow.

So Tobias had placed that in, to kerb the gate hogging I guess unless I stand corrected.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Cant do more than 5 returns from a city, thats what I just found out, got one of your old 404's and tried to place it x7 times on a 177 nm route and 5 is max it would allow.

So Tobias had placed that in, to kerb the gate hogging I guess unless I stand corrected.

Well I have a metro running 9x freq.

What I meant was is that you can have for example 10 planes flying the same route but they have to be returns or 1 one way and 9 returns.

There a definatley some bugs as I had a plane on one route flying a 2x freq and I could not add another plane flying one way after that, which should be allowed.

I have messaged some players about the fact that what they are doing is not exactly allowed but more than that I can't do. It's up to the admins to take action.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Well I have a metro running 9x freq.

Its a Metro I tried to do more than 5, wouldnt allow it, so must be a server caculation error at the time.

Or the plane has a bug, may sell it let you have it for 9 more massive profits routes :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hm,

think this one-way-hacking is related to some strange parallelity-behaviour with multiple browser-tabs/windows. But I will check it tonight and try to prevent this (which is slightly difficult).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Hm,

think this one-way-hacking is related to some strange parallelity-behaviour with multiple browser-tabs/windows. But I will check it tonight and try to prevent this (which is slightly difficult).

Thanks Tobias. Could you put this on the front page of the Sim so that everyone is aware that it is not allowed to create multiple one way's on the same route.

That way they can't say they did not see it in the forums bla bla bla ....
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Hm,

Maestro, said may be the one thing thats doing it, please report back to the forum after you have done checks Tobias, as there is un-fair play happening as some wish to abuse a known bug.

Therefore, as a senior player I for one say that should others take un-fair advantage, their airline should be removed 100% from the game.

There is NO need to cheat, not when you get a good price for many active and non-populated routes.

Harsh words, I know but I am speaking on past understandings plus some of my alliance members are away and they would agree in what I am saying.

Made a Forum announcement on this very subject, Please take time to read it.

Thats all. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Maestro, said may be the one thing thats doing it, please report back to the forum after you have done checks Tobias, as there is un-fair play happening as some wish to abuse a known bug.

Therefore, as a senior player I for one say that should others take un-fair advantage, their airline should be removed 100% from the game.

There is NO need to cheat, not when you get a good price for many active and non-populated routes.

Harsh words, I know but I am speaking on past understandings plus some of my alliance members are away and they would agree in what I am saying.

Made a Forum announcement on this very subject, Please take time to read it.

Thats all. :P

Well I guess I can agree on that :P

There is one airline that is using this bug extensively and I belive he / she should be removed form the game or fined heavily. It's not just a one off!

Airline name and ID has been PM'ed to Elchie and the Anti Cheat staff
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hi folks,

I was able to reproduce the cheating and fixed it. It was quite simple:

- Go to a aircraft page
- Click "Open a new route"
- Select a departure and destination airport, lets get the available slots, de-select "Round trip" on the bottom
- Go to the next step

Now do the same steps again within a new browser window/tab, but change departure and destination :P

E voilà: You get two one-way-creation pages. Thats not the problem - but when creating the routes, it wasn't checked again if a one way flight is there.

Now you can still open the last step for route creation twice, but when creating the route the number of one ways between the selected two cities with the current aircraft is changed again. You won't be able to generate two one-ways on the same a/c now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Tobias has placed a link on the main sim2 page, (Thanks)

We should give ALL players a few days to obide to the fair game play and take down those one ways they have made by exploiting this known bug, should they fail to live and play within the rules, then its their call, they will be annoyed when they find they have No Airline to fly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users