• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Just a short note: Tonight I reworked the "Research Routes possibilities" page, now it requests information from the route server.

The research should now come up with true numbers - so you can use it again after months/years - it's not required to rent gates to "test" if there is a profit possible :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts
Thanks...this game is getting more interesting and challenging...
Air Atlantic International...bringing LUXURY way up high in the sky!!!

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
i got completely diffrent numbers to what the research told me
Research said:
A340-300 PEK-LAX €575,000
Actual
A340-300 PEK-LAX €250,000

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
I might try that research thingy, I've never used it, there again I already know which routes make money and which don't ;-)
Posted Image

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts

i got completely diffrent numbers to what the research told me
Research said:
A340-300 PEK-LAX €575,000
Actual
A340-300 PEK-LAX €250,000

Well the research route will only give you the projected profit if you fly that route without counting the competition flying the same.

You got smaller profit than projected coz other airlines might have been flying that route already.

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts

I might try that research thingy, I've never used it, there again I already know which routes make money and which don't ;-)

Hahahahahaa...that's what the research/resource and marketing department for.... :-) to make things easier for the airline and dispatcher to decide which route to go but be ready of intense competition...

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts
Aha.....this gives me an idea....we need a marketing department.

How does it work? It will be our ad agency. They take care of sending and creating ads to the public. In this case we would be charged for certain amount for using either the print or audio or the auio-visual media as tools...and we pay monthly. If we are diligent enough in our payment then our pax share increases if not or if we can't afford it anymore then the marketing department would stop working thus affecting our load factor....

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Well the research route will only give you the projected profit if you fly that route without counting the competition flying the same.

You got smaller profit than projected coz other airlines might have been flying that route already.

No competition at all

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts

No competition at all

Do you have a hub? Have you made your home base a hub? Try connecting that route from your hub coz the hub-system really works. If not...don't worry much about it for as long as you don't have competion. You know researches always do have a certain margin of error to be considered.

Best thing to do is reduce the salary and cancel the bonus planned for you research/marketing staff...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users