3 replies to this topic

jetjockey193

jetjockey193

Future Airline CEO

• 9 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:metalheadr17
  • Skype Name:jetjockey193
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd put in my 2-cents worth. Regarding the upcoming service class feature (first class, business class, "with children" class (lol)), we could take it one step further by adding a seat-pitch (legroom) control. This is a major make/break point for airlines. Too much and you will lose money. Too little and your passengers won't fly your airline. This is why I fly JetBlue (38" pitch in economy class, I'm 6"1") and avoid United (31" on most planes).

Also, it would be nice to control the inflight amenities offered on certain routes/aircraft. This could include meal service, IFE (inflight entertainment), magazine, laptop power, etc. Another determining factor for many passengers (I refuse to fly transatlantic on United's 747-400's, which are fitted with overhead movie screens, and instead fly British Airways which have nice personal tv's on their 747's). I'm sure I'm not the only guy who thinks this...

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hi,

I have to discuss this with David. To bring in these features is easy for the costs: Meals, IFE, Power and so on will increase the flight costs. But when you bring in such a service as a carrier the load factor has to be influenced by this (on long-hauls passengers should prefer a flight with meal instead of one without :P *feeling hungry* ). I will speak with David how to integrate this in the new load factor script.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BRUMBCA

BRUMBCA

• 40 posts
Hello, i think this is a great idea, it will make the game more realistic, and better to play in my opinion, i have recently started to play sim2 so i look forward to seeing some of there features put in :-) if it inst that hard :P

BCA
sim1: BritishColumbian-Canada's flag carrier.

sim2: Canadian Airways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Seat pitch we can integrate into the upcoming seat configuration system. The other amenities will be added later too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users