Photo

Make more sense to make 30 days a game month?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

grantguo

grantguo

• 32 posts
I know it is designed for players in Europe/US so that they can log in the game to grab gates at the same time every day.

But that is a nightmare for players in Asia, since they have to set up an alarm clock to do so every day. It is also unfair to the player who have regular conflicts, e.g. have a class every day from 1-2pm, when the gates are released.

If it is 30 days per month, it is fair to all players world-wide.

Just my IMHO.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
This is a global game and at some point it's going to be a disadvantage to someone. When I played Sim 1 and Miller reset that late in the evening in the US it was a disadvantage to european players.

Maybe when more games are setup they can have different start times.

Anyway, this should have gone in suggestions.
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
That is definitly a good idea for the planned multiple-games-feature.

But in general: The 24 hours are not related to European players - I will be also be able to restart the next round at 4:00 local time, that will we 10:00 pm in New York. The 24 game days are related to a regular time base. So if we have 30 days to play, the month switch will change every day - this could be an advantage or disadvantage. Right know you will be able to plan easier - you expect aircraft deliveries every day at the same time.

But changing monthly changes could be interesting and change the game play to a more flexible one. By the way: I'm planning to change the aircraft delivery: Right know all airplanes will be delivered on the 1st, I'm thinking about delivering over the whole month.

So if airbus will produce max. 30 aircrafts/month, one aircraft will be delivered per day - so this will be more interesting.

I think I will start a poll soon about playing 30 days instead of 24.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
Yea.. the new restart messed me up... i missed the start of month 2 days in a row by 2 hours! and i couldn't buy new aircraft because of it...:P

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
If we have it at 30 days a game month then the new month turnover would be at a diffrent time every single day make it unfair on all players

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
How about delivering 30 days after ordering. So if you order on day 15 you get your planes on day 15 of the next month etc etc ....
As it is at the moment you don't have to wait a month if you order them on day 24 , you just have to wait 1 day :P
That way it does not matter when the m/c change is!

Anyway, with the new scheduling feature gate slot will become a thing of the past ;-)

That is definitly a good idea for the planned multiple-games-feature.

But in general: The 24 hours are not related to European players - I will be also be able to restart the next round at 4:00 local time, that will we 10:00 pm in New York. The 24 game days are related to a regular time base. So if we have 30 days to play, the month switch will change every day - this could be an advantage or disadvantage. Right know you will be able to plan easier - you expect aircraft deliveries every day at the same time.

But changing monthly changes could be interesting and change the game play to a more flexible one. By the way: I'm planning to change the aircraft delivery: Right know all airplanes will be delivered on the 1st, I'm thinking about delivering over the whole month.

So if airbus will produce max. 30 aircrafts/month, one aircraft will be delivered per day - so this will be more interesting.

I think I will start a poll soon about playing 30 days instead of 24.

Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

How about delivering 30 days after ordering. So if you order on day 15 you get your planes on day 15 of the next month etc etc ....
As it is at the moment you don't have to wait a month if you order them on day 24 , you just have to wait 1 day :P
That way it does not matter when the m/c change is!

I like it makes it more ineresting the rankings chart will be all over the shop :L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users