Gates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Goose96

Goose96

Respected member

• 39 posts
Its FEBRUARY 2ND YEAR1 in game time and CDG and LHR have only 3 gates left , while FRA has alreay run out of gates:puzzled:
:airplaneGT Revolution connecting you worldwide from EWR:airplane

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Yes , well I knew this would be a problem when the new 5 gate rule was brought in. Unfortunately these are some of the best airports in the game so they will go quicker.

The only real solution I see is to increase the slots per gate and or make the gates more expensive. I think just increasing the slots would help alot.
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
Making it more expensive won't really stop it running out so quickly

Goose96

Goose96

Respected member

• 39 posts

Yes , well I knew this would be a problem when the new 5 gate rule was brought in. Unfortunately these are some of the best airports in the game so they will go quicker.

The only real solution I see is to increase the slots per gate and or make the gates more expensive. I think just increasing the slots would help alot.

I don't know if im pushing it but i would say maybe 20 slots per gate:D
:airplaneGT Revolution connecting you worldwide from EWR:airplane

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
More slots = higher route saturation

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
If people have better solutions then please let us know!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
All sim2 slots have been doubled in the past, still didnt work, the LF issues and the one way's are eating up the gates at double pace.

Developers need to now look at what can be done to get around this, as new and late entry players will have no chance making a go in the game.

Like bashing ya head on this one.....:-Bang:-Bang

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I dont know if it would be possible but what if we had duplicate airports its basiclly like two games in one server. pretend theres 100players the top 50 have 50 slots at airport a. The bottom 50 are like in there own seperate world inside the same server they have 50slots in A aswell but if someone in the top 50 opens a route the total slots in the top 50 airport goes to 49 but the bottom 50 stays at 50 and visa versa. get me?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I dont know if it would be possible but what if we had duplicate airports its basiclly like two games in one server. pretend theres 100players the top 50 have 50 slots at airport a. The bottom 50 are like in there own seperate world inside the same server they have 50slots in A aswell but if someone in the top 50 opens a route the total slots in the top 50 airport goes to 49 but the bottom 50 stays at 50 and visa versa. get me?

Have you been to the pub?
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Hmmm Translate this in English please :puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Sorry makes sense in my head :L
Ok we have two groups well say that there are 100 people playing the two groups are the top 50 and the bottom 50. Each group has its own type of world in the same game so for example Lets pretend the top 50 all open a route from Cork and There are 0/50 slots left. In Group 2(bottom 50) there are still slots available at Cork because they are not effected by Group 1 its as if they are playing on a diffrent server. Do you get me now?

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
well we could just split the sim2 server by two :P

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Sorry Coner, I still have no idea what you mean :P

The only solutions are,

1) Have more gates at these airports
2) Have more slots per gate at these airports
3) Have more slots per gate overal
4) Only allow so many airlines at a given airport
5) Introduce shedules which will get rid of the slot problem altogether.

Creating a second game / splitting the game up into multiple sims is not an option at this time I don't think.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Sorry im not very good at explaining things:(
--------

Splitting the game would cost quite a bit of money.

------
I dont see how any of them would fix any problems Glennos although number 4 way slow down the effect but definetly not stopping it and angering Quite a few players :S
At the moment i dont see anyway of stopping it unless someone has a completely ingenious idea we can only slow it down

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu

well we could just split the sim2 server by two :P

This is in progress - this is one of the planned new features I thought about with the new server introduction. There will be three games:

• One is equal the current sim2
  • Another has another speed (I'm thinking about slower/faster)
  • The third one will have harder rules (5,000,000 $ cash in the beginning, you can select only small airports with less than 15 million pax/year as start airport, you will just get a Beech 1900D, gates prices will be about 20% higher, but a gate will have more slots)

This is relative easy to implement: There will be just another database for every round, the code behind is the same - the player has just to select the game he wants to join.

So stay tuned :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
That would only slow down the efect to unless you only permit players to play one game and if you do that then both games would have to be reset at the same time to allow players to change games

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

This is in progress - this is one of the planned new features I thought about with the new server introduction. There will be three games:

• One is equal the current sim2
  • Another has another speed (I'm thinking about slower/faster)
  • The third one will have harder rules (5,000,000 $ cash in the beginning, you can select only small airports with less than 15 million pax/year as start airport, you will just get a Beech 1900D, gates prices will be about 20% higher, but a gate will have more slots)

This is relative easy to implement: There will be just another database for every round, the code behind is the same - the player has just to select the game he wants to join.

So stay tuned :P

Tobias, with a fast server and loads of space you could make 50 different games if you want but I think we need to concentrate on this one. Making this one playable rather than think up exotic combinations at least for the time being?

A slower game than this would be just boring in my opinion , I've played faster before 4x speed and inside a week you have billions and nothing to spend it on, all you end up doing is ordering more planes.

Starting with a beech , less cash, more slot's could be interesting.

As conor mentioned there should be a check that no one airline can play all the different sims at once otherwise that will defeat the object.
Posted Image

grantguo

grantguo

• 32 posts
I am proposing to solve the problem byrestricting airlines operating routes entire within the region that they are not based on.

It looks like every airlines at the beginning wants to operate LHR<->FRA, LHR<->CDG etc, even they are based in US or Asia. With such restrictions, if you want to operate LHR<->FRA, it is OK, but you have to be based in Europe and cannot operate e.g. JFK<->BOS. This will make more sense, make more gates at LHR/CDG/FRA available as not all airlines in the game are Europe airlines.

Sorry Coner, I still have no idea what you mean :P

The only solutions are,

1) Have more gates at these airports
2) Have more slots per gate at these airports
3) Have more slots per gate overal
4) Only allow so many airlines at a given airport
5) Introduce shedules which will get rid of the slot problem altogether.

Creating a second game / splitting the game up into multiple sims is not an option at this time I don't think.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
That defeats the purpose of an "empire"

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I am proposing to solve the problem byrestricting airlines operating routes entire within the region that they are not based on.

It looks like every airlines at the beginning wants to operate LHR<->FRA, LHR<->CDG etc, even they are based in US or Asia. With such restrictions, if you want to operate LHR<->FRA, it is OK, but you have to be based in Europe and cannot operate e.g. JFK<->BOS. This will make more sense, make more gates at LHR/CDG/FRA available as not all airlines in the game are Europe airlines.

I think this is a very good idea except it should be only for a short period , say 12 game months. This will enable airlines that have started in a certain region to build up some sort of route network before an airline from another continent comes in and starts setting up routes.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users