[Resolved] After server update prices not as originally set

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

sas49019

sas49019

• Validating
  • 6 posts
I have noticed that when I use the manual price option, and after the server updates the fares on the routes, it does not set them as originally set. For example, I have a route IAH-ATL and set the fare at say $1000. When the server updated the fare the server put the fare at like $758. I tried to reset the fare and again the server did not set it at $1000, but it did increase it some. It took like 3 or 4 tries to get the $1000 setting. Hope this explains the problem clearly.

YM Airways (22349)

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
It's in progress. Some guys reported it to me, but it's hard to reproduce, but at one time I got it to.

Will correct it soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

It's in progress. Some guys reported it to me, but it's hard to reproduce, but at one time I got it to.

Will correct it soon.

I am getting this not exactly as it should all the time:

Below is as I set it:

CDG - FRA - CDG 278 1 0.00% $1,895 $-6,458 0.000

Then as it updates:

CDG - FRA - CDG 278 1 100.00% $1,177 $159,154 7.736

Note the show price as you set it !! $1,895 then the market the system gives you $1,177.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Goose96

Goose96

Respected member

• 39 posts
i've noticed that to but how long will it take for the price to be updated , because i set the routes and then wait for them to be updated which usually works but how long should it take
:airplaneGT Revolution connecting you worldwide from EWR:airplane

BMC415

BMC415

• 4 posts
I'm having this problem on all of my routes. Also, when I click on my route map nothing populates. Could these two things be related?

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
well i made more money have oneways going to hold gates than having full trips. i had a dop of over 400K before this round started and once i got my planes and switched from oneways to round trips and increased the freq, im down to a 104K dop.

ive got 5 routes all with 0% loadfactor... and ive been waiting for a while now for them to update.

also noticed like said in another post, you cant have anything more than 1 freq make any money.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
This has to be fixed, yesterday not later either.

Tried to make x2 from LHR to MAD and made less return than a one way to MAD from LHR.

Also tried to mass out on CDG to LHR with a Q-400, pre-setting showed a nice return (Well 1/2 of it would be nice) but once the system updated I made less than a one way from LHR to BRU.

If this keep going we will have massive routes made.

One Ways is eating up the gates and it will be a handful of players game as there will be NO gates for others.

Not looking good at all.

Sorry to say.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

BMC415

BMC415

• 4 posts
Not to sound like a whiner, but this is getting to be quite frustrating. I can't optimize my routes against the competition, so even though I'm profitable I could be much more so.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Should be fixed now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BMC415

BMC415

• 4 posts
The calculator seems to be working better but the prices reset back to their old levels again when the routes went through the server.

TerryMcKenna

TerryMcKenna

• 97 posts
I am still having problems and I cant turn my auto pricing off

Poofle

Poofle

• 1 posts

Should be fixed now

Nothing has been fixed. Is it that complicated to let users enter a price manually and write this into the database without errors? The rest should be a simple readout.

The server software should leave the price unaffected. Otherwise it would be a big mistake within the system. The price should not be influenced by any other factors except the user's input. Any other factor should be kept in mind by the airline managers, but must not be the server's business. Whenever the server programme simulates a passengers decision, this decision may only have an effect to the load factor, but never the price.

At last: this non-working pricing is really frustrating.

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users