- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I think managing frequencies weekly instead of daily is a simple solution that solves a lot of problems, mostly with long haul flights but also provides a lot more flexibility in managing routes without adding any micromanagement.

So for example, 1 frequency a day is the equivalent of 7 / week. But if a long haul route takes longer than 22 hours for a roundtrip, the weekly system makes much more sense so you can do like 5 roundtrips / week. Also for routes too small for a daily 737, you can squeeze in 3-4 frequencies a week to make it work. :P

Comments?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I think managing frequencies weekly instead of daily is a simple solution that solves a lot of problems, mostly with long haul flights but also provides a lot more flexibility in managing routes without adding any micromanagement.

So for example, 1 frequency a day is the equivalent of 7 / week. But if a long haul route takes longer than 22 hours for a roundtrip, the weekly system makes much more sense so you can do like 5 roundtrips / week. Also for routes too small for a daily 737, you can squeeze in 3-4 frequencies a week to make it work. :P

Comments?

On my 3rd drink,:P but YES I do like this, however my comments are:

Would this be better if we had two sections within AE:

(Regional and Long Haul)

As I see this suggestion will work well for long haul players, plus not all players can sit on AE 24/7, then they can choose to run with your system on International flights, thus they only need to set up one route / AC and the weeks work is done.

The game does need to have two carriers short and long, this will make it more interesting, plus there are ample routes for both small regional carriers as well as international carriers to choose from.

Comments?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
I Don't think that If you set one aircraft up it will be a weeks worth you would still get the same amount of growth as you would the other way it would just set the aircraft to get more avail hours. And the long haul and regional airline system would work but there could be potential problems with that. What if a regional wants to expand into a long haul? there should be a net worth aspect o you can do that if you have a high enough net worth. That is the only way i forsee it working well for how the system is set up now. without fluctuation in gas, or the stock system implemented. That is my thought on it. If that helps with anything.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

That is the only way i forsee it working well for how the system is set up now. without fluctuation in gas, or the stock system implemented. That is my thought on it. If that helps with anything.

If stock market was up and alliances running right, yes it is right in having both in the game, you can make it that short hauls are restricted to aircraft under a set NM range and long haul over that range NM mark.

If a long haul wants to buy a regional then there should be a position to make it happen and visa versa, but thats a long way off, we have a lot of other issues and bugs to iron out 1st.

David is looking at the long term so this is why he requires comments.....:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Got ya, Just thought in the long run it would be better, but the hours to be set in weeks is a good idea.

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

Comments?

The only issue I see is the changing of the day. Currently it is every sim day is an hour in our day. Not sure how you could implement the weekly system in, but I like the idea.

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
Much more realistic!

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

The only issue I see is the changing of the day. Currently it is every sim day is an hour in our day. Not sure how you could implement the weekly system in, but I like the idea.

You would be able to choose between seeing "daily profit" or "weekly profit" in the game - daily profit would just be weekly divided by 7. Day changes in the game will not change. :P

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
I welcome any changes that mean more airline management and having to think what you do instead of plonking the biggest and best planes on a route to make a profit as I have been doing for nearly 5 years.

Having said that it should still be fun to play and not be bogged down too much with realism.
Posted Image

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Much more realistic!

I'd have to Agree;)

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Daily and/or Weekly Schedule is the ultimate solution :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

I welcome any changes that mean more airline management and having to think what you do instead of plonking the biggest and best planes on a route to make a profit as I have been doing for nearly 5 years.

What are you doing with your life!? :P

-----

I like this idea, I remember it was tossed around a bit (or something similar, anywho) when I was here before but was never implemented for some reason or other.
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

What are you doing with your life!? :P

-----

I like this idea, I remember it was tossed around a bit (or something similar, anywho) when I was here before but was never implemented for some reason or other.

What apart from working, going to the gym 2x a week, going on holiday (April was 27 days in Thailand) , swimming 1x a week and sleeping 8 hours a night. Well hoping to save enough cash to go to Thailand again for a month in December, nice for new year there!

Not much actually.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Ive been playing two years but that dosent mean i base my life around ae and im sure that goes for glennos to

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

What apart from working, going to the gym 2x a week, going on holiday (April was 27 days in Thailand) , swimming 1x a week and sleeping 8 hours a night. Well hoping to save enough cash to go to Thailand again for a month in December, nice for new year there!

Yeah, apart from that!

Never been to Thailand myself, I can't really think of a Thailand related joke to fill this space, so I'll just say good luck with the saving of cash!
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
really? you really can't think of thailand related jokes? :P I would say something, but most Thai jokes are 18+

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
No, I guess I'm too Thai-ed down with other things to think of one now.
Posted Image

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Daily and/or Weekly Schedule is the ultimate solution :P

That's true(I think) :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

That's true(I think) :P

Well, if they are going to recode the game, then i think its the best solution.

Short terms quick fixes, sure are essentials, but at the end of the day, we all want something that will fix the problem in the long term and not just add another layer to what AE code is... bloated code :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users