• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Good idea. We can also add some more categories depending on average route yields and average aircraft ROI. These two "awards" are more relative, a small airline can have the best ROI - you have not to be the richest player in game.

This will extend the scope of alliances: "You have to be an average route yield of 1.75 to join us". "You have to be within top 50 of the ROI-airline-list to become a member of our alliance"

From your point of view I'm guessing there is a strong stress of "your"? :)

Well not just me :) There are many who strive and fail to reach the top otherwise why bother have a ranking system at all. If I was worried about it I would not make all these suggestions that give more people more chances in the game. I just want the game to be more fun to play. I spend alot of time at it over the years and I am happy with the changes being made but it can always be better :sdrool:

I think making multiple ranking system will make things fairer for everyone. It better to be number 3 in Europe lets say than 45th on the ranking as it now stands. It would be difficult for 1 airline to be number 1 in all regions although I will give it my best shot :)
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, i like the idea because it allows the bigger airlines to give the "regional" routes to another person within their alliance that can do the task while the bigger airlines focus on opening the bigger and more lucrative routes. And as stated already, not everyone is focused on flying A380s, but Embraers and Bombardiers on routes.

Perhaps apart from the fact that they cant fly bigger aircraft than say 100-120 passengers, perhaps we should put a limit on the range to between 1000-1500 miles? Due to the fact that if you look across the world, regional airlines fly from a specified hub and mainly fly routes between 3-4 hours range of that hub.. which would be around 1000-1500 miles.

:)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
So....do I have any takers to be Piedmont Express? hehe
Piedmont Airlines

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
to 99 passengers. at 100passenegers its is a normal carrier. now a regional carrier isnt defined by the length of the flight or the area it serves, but by the airok now your starting to get away from realistic... a larger airline shouldnt have to pay more to get smaller aircraft. you dont see that in the real world so why would you here? if you do that then you might as well just make up the info on the aircraft... and give the 777-200LR an indeffinate range....

another thing, lets get away from the term "international" lets use mainline for some reasons below.

ok regional airlines defined by the FAA only carry up 99 passengers. also they arent defined by the area they cover but the aircraft size that they use. so there shouldnt be any range restrictions to keep them within a certain area.

the regional airline which has been said here the most are the ones that work for the majors. their purpose for the most part is to connect the small nearby airports with the mainline airport, and to also add capacity to the mainline's existing routes where needed.

also, regionals should be able to do international flights just as they can in realworld.

this post is not done but im having computer problems at the moment so ill finish it later with a new post
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
If there is regional range limits then the airline wont exactly be regional will it i mean for example US and China i think we all know that a 1500nm Circumference would severely limit the airlines capabilities i mean in the US if you had a range of 1500 you wouldnt have a large network at all

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

If there is regional range limits then the airline wont exactly be regional will it i mean for example US and China i think we all know that a 1500nm Circumference would severely limit the airlines capabilities i mean in the US if you had a range of 1500 you wouldnt have a large network at all

actually, if you have a 1500nm range, you can make it over 3/4's the way across the entire US.

regional airlines are not kept in a certain place in RW so why would they here?
regional aircraft ranges max out at about 2400nm with the E-jets. that doesnt mean they have to go that far, but they can. there is no reason why they cant fly that long. also remember not every "regional" airline that will be in the game will want to fly for a mainline airline, so you shouldnt limit them to how far they fly there aircraft.

people have to stop thinking of a regional airline geographically and instead think of the size of the planes they use.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Well that shows my geographical knowledge of anywhere outside of Ireland :L

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
but still dont lmt them range wise inly let the aaircrft available limit there range

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Let's not concentrate too much on what happens in the REAL WORLD. We all know that AE cannot match that and it has never intended it to match real world schedules and routes.

It is impossible to do that for many reasons the most important being the coding required. Secondly in AE you can have 50 airlines on one route , in the real world that would just not be feasable

The general idea was to split the game up into two types of players but keep it all within one game using the alliance feature that will be built in eventually.

As for what Regional Airlines does that would be feeding the major airlines and also should the player wish to be self sufficient to be playbele on their own.

Of course this is a Game / Simulation so we can just like in the films have some license to change stuff to make it better for playing.
Posted Image

jetjockey193

jetjockey193

Future Airline CEO

• 9 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:metalheadr17
  • Skype Name:jetjockey193

Only you wil need quite a starting budget to be a international player. Because big aircaft don't come cheap.

That's what the upcoming Aircraft Leasing feature is for. Can't wait for this, as I can start using A320's to fly from SFO to LAX rather than those small, noisy Q400's. Bombardier's "Turbo-Profits" only work for certain routes. Lolz, kinda random, I know. Hate me if you will...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users