- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Some aircraft were using 2-class seat counts and others used all-economy layouts, so certain models are disadvantaged compared to their competition. I have updated almost all the planes so that domestic planes (737, A320, etc) use standard single-class seating, and long-haulers (767, 777, A330, A340) use regular two-class config because I couldn't find much info for one-class layouts.

Let's see how the new numbers play out in the new round :)

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
almost all of the boeing longhaul is under their true 2class capacity.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

almost all of the boeing longhaul is under their true 2class capacity.

The problem is that Boeing figures are higher than the average airline configuration. I couldn't find many airlines that have 524 seats on a two-class 747-400 or 450 seats on a two-class 777-300, for example. So I just went with what I felt was a good middle ground for airliners in the real world right now.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

The problem is that Boeing figures are higher than the average airline configuration. I couldn't find many airlines that have 524 seats on a two-class 747-400 or 450 seats on a two-class 777-300, for example. So I just went with what I felt was a good middle ground for airliners in the real world right now.

fair enough...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
There is a lot of variation between airlines for each aircraft anyway, and no set number can represent that. I know this is not a perfect solution, but it will have to do until I develop a seat configuration system during the summer. :)

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
maybe you should allow us as the "customers" in the game to decide what kind of seating arrangement we would like? maybe assign a set of seating arrangements we can choose from just like engines? perhaps that will give us more freedom to help us decide what we can use for specific routes.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

maybe you should allow us as the "customers" in the game to decide what kind of seating arrangement we would like? maybe assign a set of seating arrangements we can choose from just like engines? perhaps that will give us more freedom to help us decide what we can use for specific routes.

Well, that was one of the plans, though, considering the current LF script and how it handles major routes in sim2, it will just add another mess onto of the current one that is the LF script.

:)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
While we will all appreciate the efforts of the alterations and improvements made within AE, adding more calculations into a very unpredictable and delicate load factor script will only cause more issues within the game.

Developers will not know the true reasons why over the past years the level of players (Many Voiced to return if the LF is Fixed) have vacated the AE community all due to this revamped and unpredictable LF script.

AE once had over 2,000 players around, now it’s like 200, (Thou I think Duplicate airlines mark those 200 figures upwards) many more will depart if significant game play issues are not addressed.

While players would like to see these seating classes come into the game, we should all consider the past players concerns (and current) and try to place efforts into writing a load factor script that will keep this game alive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

While we will all appreciate the efforts of the alterations and improvements made within AE, adding more calculations into a very unpredictable and delicate load factor script will only cause more issues within the game.

Developers will not know the true reasons why over the past years the level of players (Many Voiced to return if the LF is Fixed) have vacated the AE community all due to this revamped and unpredictable LF script.

AE once had over 2,000 players around, now it’s like 200, (Thou I think Duplicate airlines mark those 200 figures upwards) many more will depart if significant game play issues are not addressed.

While players would like to see these seating classes come into the game, we should all consider the past players concerns (and current) and try to place efforts into writing a load factor script that will keep this game alive.

i agree:D:p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users