- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Per suggestions from players in this thread, these changes have been made to the code and are in effect now:

Start Cash: $30,000,000
Time before foreign hub can be started: 18 Months
Number of old aircraft (of same type) put on used market every month: between 5 and 15
Max leaseable gates per airport: 5, or 15 if it's a hub

Alliances and IATA codes will be preserved.
The time will begin around Friday evening.

ferrarigpnyc

ferrarigpnyc

• 5 posts
is the suggestion of a double speed also in effect?

I would hate to see 30M cash + Double speed implemented. Would just make it to easy to grow to 1+ B$ Value

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

is the suggestion of a double speed also in effect

Oops, I forgot to ask Tobias about that. Well, we have until Friday to decide that. I will post a poll to see how many people would prefer double speed.

senju

senju

• 8 posts

Per suggestions from players in this thread, these changes have been made to the code and are in effect now:

Forcing the max gate per airport to 15 will restrict players who wanna operate their airlines as single-hub, like Singapore Airline or Cathay Pacific in real life.

Since they are willing to pay more money for building hubs and terminals, this kind of restriction is not reasonable.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Forcing the max gate per airport to 15 will restrict players who wanna operate their airlines as single-hub, like Singapore Airline or Cathay Pacific in real life.

Since they are willing to pay more money for building hubs and terminals, this kind of restriction is not reasonable.

This is already less restrictive than it was last round. Anyone else think we should make it even higher? like 10 gates max / 30 with hub?

senju

senju

• 8 posts

This is already less restrictive than it was last round. Anyone else think we should make it even higher? like 10 gates max / 30 with hub?

mm...I think if there's no restriction if a terminal is built like this round, 5 or 15 with a hub are all okay, just depends on the restriction of terminal. ;)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
What "terminal restriction" are you talking about? The only requirement is that you have 5+ gates and the cash. :puzzled:

metwally

metwally

• 4 posts
In real life the airline could fly a daily flight from the hub to a destination, so why should I keep the emaining 4 slots ?

Could we distinguish between whether the airport is applying the opensky policiy ?

if we talk about JFK-LHR actually, one of the top 10 busiest routes, you couldn't find the same price level the whole year around. Besides, some airlines are flying 1 or 2 weekly on the route as a part of their trip from other destination.
while the competition is tough this route still profitable to fly the higher operating cost B747. But in the game we have around 3904 seats only and the prices are down.
in real life you could found high and low prices the whole year around and other offer from KLM and AF, LH.
So, could we pay more attention to such busiest routes.

I don't know whether the traffic for example from LIS-JFK will be affected if my prices on LIS-LHR and LHR-JFK were competitive, as this means that the O&D traffic for LHR-JFK will not be affected and the pricing too.

for LHR-SYD, I could't find an aircraft that could serve this route, could you please consider this amendment in the next reset.

could we add "Via" to the game, so if I'm flying from LHR to SYD via HKG, I could sell LHR-HKG, LHR-SYD, and I could participate in the traffic from HKG to SYD, based on the fact that if the HKG-SYD was busy with slim profit margin, this will not affect the LHR-HKG, LHR-SYD as ther are my routes and we could see on the route page the 2 routes or a separate analysis [ pax and profitability of each segment ] on the route moaney page.

Could we add an option to embark and disembark PAX from HKG without using HKG as a hub, this will be % of the amount paid for the slote.
while I could use HKG as a step point (not a hub) without activating this option, this could be by using my rights to embark and disembark PAX from HKG to LHR (hub)
[ 5th freedoms ]
I think such action would lower the number of Hub_lovers in the game and they will focus on their hub to develop.

I hope you could add the Available seat per mile ASM as an indecator in the ranking.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

In real life the airline could fly a daily flight from the hub to a destination, so why should I keep the emaining 4 slots ?

Could we distinguish between whether the airport is applying the opensky policiy ?

if we talk about JFK-LHR actually, one of the top 10 busiest routes, you couldn't find the same price level the whole year around. Besides, some airlines are flying 1 or 2 weekly on the route as a part of their trip from other destination.
while the competition is tough this route still profitable to fly the higher operating cost B747. But in the game we have around 3904 seats only and the prices are down.
in real life you could found high and low prices the whole year around and other offer from KLM and AF, LH.
So, could we pay more attention to such busiest routes.

I don't know whether the traffic for example from LIS-JFK will be affected if my prices on LIS-LHR and LHR-JFK were competitive, as this means that the O&D traffic for LHR-JFK will not be affected and the pricing too.

for LHR-SYD, I could't find an aircraft that could serve this route, could you please consider this amendment in the next reset.

could we add "Via" to the game, so if I'm flying from LHR to SYD via HKG, I could sell LHR-HKG, LHR-SYD, and I could participate in the traffic from HKG to SYD, based on the fact that if the HKG-SYD was busy with slim profit margin, this will not affect the LHR-HKG, LHR-SYD as ther are my routes and we could see on the route page the 2 routes or a separate analysis [ pax and profitability of each segment ] on the route moaney page.

Could we add an option to embark and disembark PAX from HKG without using HKG as a hub, this will be % of the amount paid for the slote.
while I could use HKG as a step point (not a hub) without activating this option, this could be by using my rights to embark and disembark PAX from HKG to LHR (hub)
[ 5th freedoms ]
I think such action would lower the number of Hub_lovers in the game and they will focus on their hub to develop.

I hope you could add the Available seat per mile ASM as an indecator in the ranking.

Always nice to have suggestions but in order to keep it orderly and manageble could you please post suggestions to the correct forum.

Also, your suggestions are well founded but are not practical in implementing in this game at this time. It's alot of work and sometimes some things in real life cannot be simulated accurately with software even if you spend millions of dollars on it ;-)
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Start Cash: $30,000,000
Time before foreign hub can be started: 18 Months
Number of old aircraft (of same type) put on used market every month: between 5 and 15

Alliances and IATA codes will be preserved.

Nice to see, cant wait for the reset to happen.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

markiemark

markiemark

TWISTER AIRLINES

• 54 posts

Maybe I am wrong but it seems the clock is already running for 8 hours now(8 game days). Does this mean that the new round already has started? Or is it to test the profit that is now made?

frank1711

frank1711

MazzAir CEO

• 16 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:frank1711
BTW, what happened to time start on Friday evening?

Posted Image

I logged on late Thursday (west coast USA)/early Friday GMT and it is already March. I was gate warned & gate removed, since I ordered planes I now have to wait to re-rent the gates. What the hell? :airplane:puzzled::mad:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

BTW, what happened to time start on Friday evening?

Posted Image

I logged on late Thursday (west coast USA)/early Friday GMT and it is already March. I was gate warned & gate removed, since I ordered planes I now have to wait to re-rent the gates. What the hell?

Just some confusion with the game start, nothing new in AE ;)
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I was surprised myself when I logged in yesterday and saw it was March already. Tobias told me the time would start on Friday, oh well. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users