• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
We'll be resetting Sim 1 tomorrow, with a start date the same we had last game (1960 wasn't it?). Time will resume Monday at 1700z.
Follow Me via Twitter: http://twitter.com/miller22

TP_Express

TP_Express

• 26 posts
Can we start from the present date of 1974 ?

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I would definatly like it set at 1974 too. Please!

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
Is disabling the "change aircraft" function an easy fix? It seams like people having trouble with the high cost of operating older models made that bug pretty heavily exploited.

(+1 for 1974)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Is disabling the "change aircraft" function an easy fix? It seams like people having trouble with the high cost of operating older models made that bug pretty heavily exploited.

I hope so. That is the worst exploit of a bug and some airlines were using it on every single route.:-Bang
Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Is disabling the "change aircraft" function an easy fix?

It is, and we did that on sim2 a few days ago. But afaik only Miller has access to the sim1 files, so we can't change anything on sim1. :)

Edit: I PMed him about this, hopefully he'll get to it before the reset.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Does any know where i can find the thread which has the list of SIM1 Aircraft. Thanks;)

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
It is a sticky on the general info forum

sigma

sigma

• 12 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:hicksapple

Can we start from the present date of 1974 ?

I'd also be in favor of starting the game in the 1970's again. The planes available in the 60's are absolutely atrocious from an operating dynamic point of view. You quickly exhaust available destinations for at least 3 game years during the mid-late 60's making it an absolute bore.
Pan American Airways (19006)
"Connecting the World"

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

I'd also be in favor of starting the game in the 1970's again. The planes available in the 60's are absolutely atrocious from an operating dynamic point of view. You quickly exhaust available destinations for at least 3 game years during the mid-late 60's making it an absolute bore.

Agreed.

What, if any, new features will be incorporated this round?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Agreed.

What, if any, new features will be incorporated this round?

None, all new features are going into sim2 at the moment. Sim1 is for those that like a simple sim where you don't have to think about managing an airline that much.
Posted Image

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
All I care about is the jet issue... if you disable the change aircraft feature, then something has to be done with the profitability of operating planes like the 727 and 737.... hopefully if nothing else becomes changed, that will
Posted Image
Makes the safe bet, fly Air Vegas today!!!! :airplane

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

All I care about is the jet issue... if you disable the change aircraft feature, then something has to be done with the profitability of operating planes like the 727 and 737.... hopefully if nothing else becomes changed, that will

The problem with swapping planes is that it causes the competition to go into negative amounts. What you get then is people constantly resetting their routes until they get fed up and stop playing.

I myself am not that bothered to be honest, I don't play sim 1 purely because of this reason.
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Auto Pricing Will be good in Sim1. Nearly all the time that brings postive profits;)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

Perhaps add more Jets, like the VC10, Trident and Russian types, that way it will look more like a Jet environment:)
Just a thought

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Auto Pricing Will be good in Sim1. Nearly all the time that brings postive profits;)

Not sure how many times I have repeated this, must be thousands by now but all the development effort is going into sim2, sim1 will probably stay as it is for a long while.
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

Not sure how many times I have repeated this, must be thousands by now but all the development effort is going into sim2, sim1 will probably stay as it is for a long while.

Okay, it was just Suggetion:eureka:

hamiairways

hamiairways

• 10 posts
What time is this game actually being reset at?

Thanks

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Miller said 1960;)

hamiairways

hamiairways

• 10 posts
No i mean what time today?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic