Terminal???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
I just put in my request to build a terminal, and the sim took my money, but no gates... whats up with that? Is it just like buying new airplanes, i have to wait for it to be built?> :)

edit.. i checked the wiki, and it says i have to build the exact number of gates that i currently own. Well i own 6, but in the game it simply said i need to build 5 gates for it to take affect, so obviously all i did was build 5. So does this mean i need to build an additional 5 gates to cover what i already have?
Also it says i need to move all my operations to the new gates, well how is that possible if the new gates have no slots???

I'm all sorts of confussed, someone please help, this topic is so vauge and my searching of the forums has produced next to nothing... like a step by step tutorial would be incredibly helpful...
Posted Image
Makes the safe bet, fly Air Vegas today!!!! :airplane

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
When you build a terminal, any gates you own at that airport get return due to the fact you dont need the gates anymore.

Thats why when you build a terminal, you should always build with expansion in mnid, so if you got 10 gates there already, build 20. That way, u get more and save some cash for buying more than you currently need.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
so in fact i do need to build more gates to make the switch over complete?
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

so in fact i do need to build more gates to make the switch over complete?

Well yes. Whenever u build a terminal, build with expansion in mind. And always remember, that when you build a terminal, any gates you currently hold there will be put back on the market.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
thanks, i'll keep that in mind next time
Posted Image

imperial

imperial

• 14 posts
What if you don't have any gates there to begin with? I tried to build a terminal at Heathrow without already having any there, and Sim2 took my money but didn't give me any gates. Am I out $75M or will I get them at some point?

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
if you don't have any gates to begin with then i think your SOL, i think you have to lease a minimum of 5 gates to start with, and then request to build a minimum of 10... i think
Posted Image

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae
No, you can build a terminal in any airport whether you have gates there or not. The minimum is 5 gates if you don't have any gates at that airport already. If you do have more than 5 gates at that airport already then you have to build that amount plus however many you need for expansion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
maybe you have the bug where the games takes your money and does not give you the terminal, it's done that to me as well , twice. I have given up this round , just playing around now. Hopefully things will work properly after a reset or some bug fixes or something.

And I can't believe that people don't understand what happens when you build a terminal, it's quite easy. If you still have questions or don't understand it after reading the WIKI then the WIKI needs updating. This question has been asked a trillion times already!

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
really??? damn and all this time i've been wasting by hopeing for a gate to open up in atlanta...the things you learn...
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

maybe you have the bug where the games takes your money and does not give you the terminal, it's done that to me as well , twice. I have given up this round , just playing around now. Hopefully things will work properly after a reset or some bug fixes or something.

Are you still having the disappearing terminal problem? I fixed it on Sunday, but we need to make sure it's working before the reset. :)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Are you still having the disappearing terminal problem? I fixed it on Sunday, but we need to make sure it's working before the reset. :)

Well , I could build a terminal at ORD okay but I already had a gate there but it seems to be fixed. I'll try later for sure. I bought a a380 off the used market and it cost me 900 million :D

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu

Well , I could build a terminal at ORD okay but I already had a gate there but it seems to be fixed. I'll try later for sure. I bought a a380 off the used market and it cost me 900 million :D

[offtopic]Used a380 for 900m? Is it golden? :) [/offtopic]

David has done something on the terminal creation code, report when it's not fixed so he can take another look.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
This works fine now.

Just built terminals at ATL , FRA ,HND , DFW , no problems!

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

This works fine now.

Just built terminals at ATL , FRA ,HND , DFW , no problems!

Great! and extending terminals no longer require doubling the number of gates? That was the other problem.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Great! and extending terminals no longer require doubling the number of gates? That was the other problem.

Both problems are fixed ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users