- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j
It noticed since the end of last week the forum activity has been minimal, whats going on? I was stunned a few days ago to hit the "todays post" button and get no response, maybe theres something i missed? :puzzled:/:cry:/:ssleepy:

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Work, Business Travel, Holidays, etc...

I myself have just been a bit busy with work, so :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae
I was in Canada for the weekend so my activity since Thursday has been minimal.

It is pretty bad, a few people are busy with something and nearly nothing is posted in the meantime.

Personally I wish that new players were required to visit the forum as a condition to registering. It would hopefully get some more people posting plus it would give them an idea where to look for info and problems.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

Personally I wish that new players were required to visit the forum as a condition to registering. It would hopefully get some more people posting plus it would give them an idea where to look for info and problems.

That pretty good idea , I know it would have been helpful to me starting out! :)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Alot of people have stopped playing as well I guess (who can blame them) for the time being while things are fixed so not much point in posting or discussing stuff if your not playing.

I check every few days or so to see if anything has changed.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
School is a Pain! If only there was an Airline school!

zort boy

zort boy

• 11 posts
There isn't a lot to talk about at the moment. I'm only playing AE1. Just waiting for the next re-set to get into AE2 when everyone starts on an even playing field. The good thing for me is that I have 9 real flights in and around Asia in the next month. I leave for Vietnam next Wednesday and will also be going to Cambodia and Thailand. I will be flying with Tiger Airways, Jetstar Pacific, Vietnam Airlines, Bangkok Airways and Thai Air Asia.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

There isn't a lot to talk about at the moment. I'm only playing AE1. Just waiting for the next re-set to get into AE2 when everyone starts on an even playing field. The good thing for me is that I have 9 real flights in and around Asia in the next month. I leave for Vietnam next Wednesday and will also be going to Cambodia and Thailand. I will be flying with Tiger Airways, Jetstar Pacific, Vietnam Airlines, Bangkok Airways and Thai Air Asia.

Damn! If only i could go:)

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Eh! I hope you have short legs... :) I know for sure that Jetstar and Air Asia use a 29" seat pitch, I assume the others except Vietnam Airlines do as well.

For jetstar see if they'll give you an exit row seat, that makes a huge difference. They gave me one without even asking... that was before I knew how tight the seating was, I was very tankful (it was SIN-MNL so hardly a short flight at all). Air Asia has no assigned seating unless it changed this year so its just luck of the draw there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Im only assuming here, but will this be on a.net as a trip report? :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts
I've been here. Lurking.
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

I've been here. Lurking.

ha ha :), scary :)

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
im on everyday, but nothing new so havent been posting...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

zort boy

zort boy

• 11 posts
I will be posting a trip report and video of the flights. The longest leg will be PER-SIN which isn't all that bad. If you love aircraft then a lack of leg room should be a minor concern. Can't wait to walk down that airbridge at Perth Airport. Does anyone know if Tiger still has portable dvd players for hire? I'm getting conflicting info on various sites.

The flights I am the most excited about are the Bangkok Airways ATR-72 and the elderly Thai Air Asia 737-300's. One week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

The longest leg will be PER-SIN which isn't all that bad. If you love aircraft then a lack of leg room should be a minor concern.

To each his own I guess, I wouldn't call that a short flight either. LCC's aren't my norm, that was kind of a special situation. My exit row was fine but seeing the other seats was quite shocking... I'm a little more used to seats with pitch in the 60" range going to/from that part of the world. I do love planes but my legs aren't short enough to not care about the seats inside. :) The 31" that many airlines use in coach is bad enough (yes even as Plat Elite I don't get upgraded all the time on domestic flights), 29" for me borders on painful.

Does anyone know if Tiger still has portable dvd players for hire? I'm getting conflicting info on various sites.

Try the "Other Asian Airlines" forum on flyertalk. There should be a few people who've flown Tiger recently enough to let you know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

That pretty good idea , I know it would have been helpful to me starting out! :)

Good idea. Even better, would be to require new players to register and post in the forums. Once they have posted and are proven to be unique players, then they could be given a login and password from the AE Staff. This would cut down on the number of players with multiple airlines.

At least a link to the forums and the AE Wiki should be included somewhere in the registration process.
Posted ImagePosted Image

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Good idea. Even better, would be to require new players to register and post in the forums. Once they have posted and are proven to be unique players, then they could be given a login and password from the AE Staff. This would cut down on the number of players with multiple airlines.

Not a bad idea at all but it would also create a bunch of fluff in the forums just to make the manditory posts. If there was a special forum for this that is maybe a place to introduce themselves then that would keep the fluff out of the regular foums but still force players to post something and hopefully spend a little time getting to know the forums better.

At least a link to the forums and the AE Wiki should be included somewhere in the registration process.

Absoutely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zort boy

zort boy

• 11 posts
I am 6' 2" tall so unless I am up the pointy end of the plane in the comfy seats I live with the leg room I am given. This time in a week I will be on my way to the Airport.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
making them join the forum wont work... they still wont post in it...thats from experience...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Bangkok Airways, ahhhh memories

http://img220.images...20714611pe7.jpg

http://img217.images...85125221xf6.jpg

http://img220.images...36302917kf3.jpg

http://img218.images...55942386bb4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users