Photo

So many aircraft this early

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

zort boy

zort boy

• 11 posts
I'm not naming names yet, but how could an airline in sim 1 possibly have 558 aircraft at this stage of the game? We haven't really been playing for that long.

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts
Okay I will admit, the #1 airline in sim 1 is scary. But dude it's been 2 and a half months(or 5 game years). That's more than enough time to get 558 aircraft through extremely profitable routes and high DOP. If your DOP is high and you get very profitable routes, then you can purchase new aircraft every month and use them to further expand your routes, icreasing your DOP. Then profits rise exponentially, leading to more aircraft and more $$$. And it is not early in the game. If almost all airports are clogged and out of gates I won't call it early in the game(though it happens in sim 2 way too quickly.:thumbdown:)

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae
His # of 727's might be questionable since you can only buy 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer. That plane has only been in the game for 1 year which means he could have only bought 24 on his own, the rest had to come from the used aircraft market.

If you look at his finance page, he has a very large monthly profit so maybe he's buying them all on the used market at the broker's asking prices or maybe he has other airlines selling them cheap in private sales, who knows. I would suspect that many of the aicraft were bought at 50% value on the used market but good luck getting anyone to investigate it.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

His # of 727's might be questionable since you can only buy 2 aircraft per month per manufacturer. That plane has only been in the game for 1 year which means he could have only bought 24 on his own, the rest had to come from the used aircraft market.

If you look at his finance page, he has a very large monthly profit so maybe he's buying them all on the used market at the broker's asking prices or maybe he has other airlines selling them cheap in private sales, who knows. I would suspect that many of the aicraft were bought at 50% value on the used market but good luck getting anyone to investigate it.

forgetting about used market? he has bought 4 off me...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

sean102187

sean102187

• 32 posts
whats really interesting is the lead #1 has over #2. Not accusing anything, just stating the facts

zissou

zissou

• 16 posts
Only thing I find curious is that the 727's on the brokers market is selling for around 150% of their actuall value, and I would thimk it would show up as negative numbers on his finance page if he bought them at said price, although I have been told I am wrong about this.

As far as i know, you can get 2 A/C a month, but if your order is above a certain # of A/C, you will get a % of your order instead.

And remember the airline currently #1 in sim 1 almost doubles his value whenever logged on (wich he is quite often).

Good flying!

Z

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

forgetting about used market? he has bought 4 off me...

Actually no, "Used Market" is mentioned in my posting 3 times.

Only thing I find curious is that the 727's on the brokers market is selling for around 150% of their actuall value, and I would thimk it would show up as negative numbers on his finance page if he bought them at said price, although I have been told I am wrong about this.

Aircraft purchases don't show up on your finance page (only sales) so there would be no indicator here if he's buying these at 50% value or 200% value.

As far as i know, you can get 2 A/C a month, but if your order is above a certain # of A/C, you will get a % of your order instead.

This would be the first time I've ever heard of this, can you provide a reference? In any other thread I've found there is no way to get more than 2 A/c per month per manufacturer unless you go to the used market. You do get a huge discount when ordering bulk planes but you still have to wait to get them delivered 2 at a time.

zissou

zissou

• 16 posts
Sorry about that, looked it up again and you are quite correct.
30% of total orderbook is delivered, but only 2 A/C per company.

Z

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Sorry about that, looked it up again and you are quite correct.
30% of total orderbook is delivered, but only 2 A/C per company.

Z

Plus if you track the ones with massive orderbooks (like Boeing currently) I don't even think 30% gets delivered, I think there is a cap in there somewhere.

When I have orders in there, I put the whole orderbook in an excel spreadsheet so I can see what was delivered after the end of the month and I can't quite figure out the calculation being used but it doesn't seem to be the 20 (or 30 depending on who you ask) + 30%.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I'm not naming names yet, but how could an airline in sim 1 possibly have 558 aircraft at this stage of the game? We haven't really been playing for that long.

Looking at the status of airlines with a larger DOP and for them to spend hours upon hours on the game searching the used market, purchasing more aircraft / gates and continue doing this they quickly build up a massisve bank / DOP and kick-on to grow.

End result is they spend hours doing this.

Even my own airline, I can start up again and spend 24/7 for 2 / 3 weeks and make it to the top 5, but whats the point, I am still top 10 and havent place an aircraft on route in 4 weeks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users