Photo

707 Unable To Make Profit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

dominox21

dominox21

• 10 posts
I recently acquired a 707 and no matter what route I put it on... I can't make a profit. The cost to fly the route is blown WAY out of proportion in comparison to what it should be. Any ideas about this?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

I recently acquired a 707 and no matter what route I put it on... I can't make a profit. The cost to fly the route is blown WAY out of proportion in comparison to what it should be. Any ideas about this?

hmmm, info has been removed

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
What kind of routes is it? I think the 707 would be good on high-capacity medium-long range routes (better out of hubs), such as JFK-LAX, or HKG-HND/NRT.
Posted Image

dominox21

dominox21

• 10 posts
I've tried various routes, everything from long haul, high capacity routes to short haul high capacity to...well you name it I've tried it. Sounds like this is rather normal though, from what someone said somewhere else. I'll keep playing around with it...perhaps there is some way of accomplishing this!

nevsair

nevsair

• 13 posts
Yes, i have had similar problems with the 707, even on non-competition routes to well populated cities

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Well, maybe the game's PAX model can't handle the amount of PAX that a 707 generates this early in the round, because the PAX model is continually growing and we're only in our 3rd year I think...So it's probably too early to use it unless you find a goldmine route or two from your hub (like Eos has done).
Posted Image

Halsey

Halsey

• 17 posts
They never made money at the end of the last round either, right before the reset. I have the same problem can't open a route with a big jet - can only replace aircraft and make money. I'm guessing its a bug.

chrisaf

chrisaf

• 14 posts

User's Awards

im makin some profit but not that big...but for dc8-40 no matter what i do i never get a profit so i still like using the b707b

sean102187

sean102187

• 32 posts
Im in the same boat as chrisaf. My 707s are great but the dc8 kills any route I put it on. I dont understand, the operating cost is lower than both the 707 and Electra but still cant seem to make much money

TranAir

TranAir

We're all about travel.

• 32 posts
Advice Giving Content Removed - Edit by Tran Air.
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

im makin some profit but not that big...but for dc8-40 no matter what i do i never get a profit so i still like using the b707b

Sure the 707 isnt performing like it did way back in the real world, some 707's are still used by airforces to move personal and in Australian the Govt still use one or two to fly their PM around.

But, some players do exploit a known bug.

There are players who take advantage of this BUG and no matter what good or adverse performing aircraft they make good $$$ from using this aircraft feature known bug, then again Miller has been asked countless times to remove this access, its still there so those who know will continue to use it.

Having little in way of development from Miller for some time now, since he looked around the WWW and seen games like his baby started up, one thinks Miller has lost all heart to make AE go places, plus without Miller visiting the forums for well over a month there are no other staff member able to gain program access to make alterations, therefore this game is marking time.

Just play it and if you get peeved off, mothball your airline and wait for changes, but that may never happen in AE :cry:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I honestly think we need to drive the msg to Miller that he needs to open up the coding for everything except the LF script, so at least some of us can work on the game and improve the overall functionability of the game.

Honestly, even if the LF doesnt get fixed, there is still other parts of the game that can either be improved on and new things added to the game.

Miller needs to realise that it doesnt take much time really if everything is well organised. A meeting with fellow AE developers every 2 weeks would be fine on discussing issues and demonstrating what is been worked on.

I know that real life is important and that, but if someone is going to make an online game, and wants it to be the best it can be, it needs to be worked on month after month, not just be away for a couple of months and expect people to be happy with the game, the way it is.

Ill be more than happy to help within my capabilities, but for the moment, we are just all sitting and waiting ....

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I honestly think we need to drive the msg to Miller that he needs to open up the coding for everything except the LF script, so at least some of us can work on the game and improve the overall functionability of the game.

Honestly, even if the LF doesnt get fixed, there is still other parts of the game that can either be improved on and new things added to the game.

Miller needs to realise that it doesnt take much time really if everything is well organised. A meeting with fellow AE developers every 2 weeks would be fine on discussing issues and demonstrating what is been worked on.

I know that real life is important and that, but if someone is going to make an online game, and wants it to be the best it can be, it needs to be worked on month after month, not just be away for a couple of months and expect people to be happy with the game, the way it is.

Ill be more than happy to help within my capabilities, but for the moment, we are just all sitting and waiting ....

Yes couldnt agree more, I have talked to Miller, he is a little down with AE, why? only he knows but still there must be some players within this game right now who could be reading this post who are able to PHP code, if so let me know within a PM and I will try one last ditch effort to get some advancement on the game.

I will start a new post, asking for comments from forum visitors, to see if we as a group of loyal AE players can salvage this game.

End result is that if you just keep quite, then this game that Miller has developed is a dead-duck.

Players please read this post:

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=8524

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
I think the big question is, do we have a PHP community large enough to continue development? I've had a very hard time keeping developers interested. I think Maestro is right that I need to open the script, but going completely open source isn't the answer either. Or is it?

If we can come up with a group willing to put forward the effort in return for some ownership, I'm all for it. We'll have to come up with some way of managing that group, and I think we're the best three to do that.
Follow Me via Twitter: http://twitter.com/miller22

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Sure the 707 isnt performing like it did way back in the real world, some 707's are still used by airforces to move personal and in Australian the Govt still use one or two to fly their PM around.

some 707's are still being used for commercial opperations... so it must be doing well for them... much better than here, im sure of...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Some.. perhaps thats because they cant find an alternative replacement due to certain restrictions placed on the country by certain "nations" worldwide??

If only everyone had a chance to replace em... ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I think the big question is, do we have a PHP community large enough to continue development? I've had a very hard time keeping developers interested. I think Maestro is right that I need to open the script, but going completely open source isn't the answer either. Or is it?

If we can come up with a group willing to put forward the effort in return for some ownership, I'm all for it. We'll have to come up with some way of managing that group, and I think we're the best three to do that.

Courtney, I had a thread going talking about this very (Need PHP's) but I was trying to merge it to this post and (Poof) I lost it 100%

Most said, willing to learn it but NO actual players who are PHP savy enough to command a kick-start.

However, lot's said that they would pay to play, but I would like to see AE free to play for both sim's and later another world of PTP (Pay to Play)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts

However, lot's said that they would pay to play, but I would like to see AE free to play for both sim's and later another world of PTP (Pay to Play)

There is only one thing to say to PTP and that is:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

There is only one thing to say to PTP and that is:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo?? in this current bug riddled format agree.

But thats going to change. Just let us work on it, Progress is going to be made sooner rather than later.

BTW, we need your data soon, I will post later in the week on the progress within the development part of the forum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Courtney, I had a thread going talking about this very (Need PHP's) but I was trying to merge it to this post and (Poof) I lost it 100%

Guess thats what happens when u play around with the forum tools ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users