• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

fatcow

fatcow

• 283 posts
Posted Image
HND-SFO
ticket price over $3000 before that airline enters

Placing 4 A380s at half of the market price, making negative profit to put others out of the route. It also causes me a huge drop of 20% in DOP.
Horrible...
Posted Image
Top 20 Airlines in the World

erbarone

erbarone

• 9 posts
Yes.... the game has to do not allow to open routes with negative profit. Maybe a solution is to set a maximum number of frequency for one route...

fatcow

fatcow

• 283 posts
by the way, big firms like Australis (and me =] ) don't do business in this way.
Posted Image
Top 20 Airlines in the World

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Oh shut up please fatcow, your one to talk with tens of planes on each route so don't come riding your high horse here.

I can tell you one thing, it's gonna get alot worse for you in the weeks to come believe me, all the rest of my orders are going on HND.

Btw more A380's will be going on that route later in the week! Time to teach you n00bs a lesson by not putting all your eggs in one basket ;-)

And by the way, I can charge what I like for my tickets! All the way down to $25 , which
btw I am prepared to do.

Let's put your remark here to the test shall we ....
Posted Image

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
I have no problem with this move. When you have 1 airline with 10 different A/C on 1 route that is ridiculous. When I first started this game I did not understand why Glennos did that but now I do and I support him as I will do the same thing to get my routes back to the profit they were at before everyone and thier mom jumped on a route. Be realistic when setting routes do not put 10 A/C on the same route from the same airline.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I have no problem with this move. When you have 1 airline with 10 different A/C on 1 route that is ridiculous. When I first started this game I did not understand why Glennos did that but now I do and I support him as I will do the same thing to get my routes back to the profit they were at before everyone and thier mom jumped on a route. Be realistic when setting routes do not put 10 A/C on the same route from the same airline.

Exactly , and it's really quite easy to bring routes like that to saturation point , another example will be HND - LAX on Friday ;-)
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
And Mr Fatcow, while we are accusing people of stuff let's take a little look at the way you play shall we?

For the uninitiated this is HKG - CTS. In fact I could post a thread a mile long with screenshots like this but I think 1 is enough ;-)

In fact it's quite tempting to build a terminal in Hong Kong myself and double up with my alliance partner Australis to rid the world of New Asia Airlines once and for all ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

nevsair

nevsair

• 13 posts
/me pops in some popcorn and sits down....

this thread delivers!

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

/me pops in some popcorn and sits down....

this thread delivers!

haha, you might wanna watch New Asia's profits plumet, that will be more fun ;)

offtopic: any thread i get involved in is worth a read ;-)

Posted Image

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
Dam there goes my HND hub lol ;)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Dam there goes my HND hub lol ;)

sorry, I'd avoid HND and HKG like the plague ;-)

Once again as I messaged you in some ingame messages :eureka: people like to drag my good name through the mud without first taking a good hard look at what they are doing themselves or thinking before putting their mouth (fingers) in gear or as you might say in the US , into drive.

Ah well, if they want to learn the hard way it's fine by me.

There's 2 choices , leave the route or take the loss :)
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I have no problem with this move. Be realistic when setting routes do not put 10 A/C on the same route from the same airline.

This seems to be a common event in the start with a lot of players, just look at the top 50 players within sim2 and a lot have low gates and massive DOP, they plonk 4 /5/ 10 and more jets on high profit routes and think thay are managing an airline.

I support Glenn and I will add to these high volume routes to make the and their DOP vanish.;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

erbarone

erbarone

• 9 posts
I think that in real life is not possible to do this........ Is it not unfair competition for laws?

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Glennos: The beast has awoken!
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

This seems to be a common event in the start with a lot of players, just look at the top 50 players within sim2 and a lot have low gates and massive DOP, they plonk 4 /5/ 10 and more jets on high profit routes and think thay are managing an airline.

I support Glenn and I will add to these high volume routes to make the and their DOP vanish.;)

Exactly, thank you!

This is one of the reasons the game is becoming unplayable , if you have airlines running up to 8 / 10 flights on one route that is in effect taking up the slots that 8 / 10 other airlines could use. The net effect of that is that now those other airlines are still going on those routes (and they have a right to do that) and making them unusable.

I can't for the life of me think why people would want to fly 8x on HND - LAX for example when there are so many routes that make money. I was making 1.2M dop on HND - BNE for almost 1 1/2 years before anyone else went on there because they had tunnelvision and needed to go on HND - LAX or SFO whatever.....

Maybe when they notice that their profits are dropping and they cannot make a profit without lowering the amount of flights on a particular route they might try different tactics which will benefit everyone concerned.

Every 2 days (8 a380's and 8 787's) I'll login and saturate a route from HND or HKG :sdrool:

We will see ;-)
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

by the way, big firms like Australis (and me =] ) don't do business in this way.

First of all, dont even try associating ur airline with mine... i am 100 times better than ull ever be, no matter what tactics u use in sim2, which i find despicable to say the least!!!

Secondly, i find it funny how u accuse Glennos of doing something that Park Airlines and urself are doing very well out of Hong Kong. Apparently, i guess someone is in self-denial of his airline ever using such a "tactic" and needs to accuse others of it when he or she is doing it themselves. I think they are called hypocrites... but u might need to check a dictionary on that one ;)

Finally, for an airline just wanting to play and not wanting to get in battles... shouldnt u be ranked outside of the top100??? Guess u dont exactly do what u preached in ur own thread, thanks very much....

PS. Just fyi, i do have some routes which may have 3-5 aircraft on them, but considering how these 2 players do, i havent even hit the tip of an iceberg, in relation to their ways on most routes out of Hong Kong.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Trobleshooter

Trobleshooter

• 7 posts
First I don't want to complain anything.

Just telling facts my airline(Trafalgar) are one of the victims cuz i'm involved in this route.

At the beginning my airline hv about 4,000,000 DOP but after that my DOP drops to 2,500,000.:thumbdown:

Maybe it is not affect to "top" companies but smaller got more impact.

(Sort of offtopic); Don't say i lose profit because of B763ER. It is not playing stupid but just trying how the profit is......

Now........results on "crisis" ;)?

PapaNovember

PapaNovember

• 44 posts

Their's and everyone elses.....

Thanks in advance for making this way more trouble than it's worth.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for making this way more trouble than it's worth.

Not sure I understand this comment :puzzled:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Thank God I'm not playing this round, but next time please please please don't bugger up Dublin or Belfast, those will be my main hubs whenever I play in the future ;).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users