Aircraft Aging

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

simmo1111

simmo1111

CEO: Thomas Cook Group

• 58 posts
Has the Aircraft aging been turned on because on my aircraft list it says 0.08.:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cws

cws

• 35 posts

Has the Aircraft aging been turned on because on my aircraft list it says 0.08.:D

What is the effect of this supposed to be? I assume it will simply reduce one's valuation because of the depreciation of airframes; is that correct? Or, will there be an ancillary effect on DOP based on the assumption that older frames will be less reliable and, therefore, less likely to complete their assigned rotations, thereby reducing income?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

What is the effect of this supposed to be? I assume it will simply reduce one's valuation because of the depreciation of airframes; is that correct? Or, will there be an ancillary effect on DOP based on the assumption that older frames will be less reliable and, therefore, less likely to complete their assigned rotations, thereby reducing income?

This feature was active, then it was taken away due to some past hacking, yes you are right, as each year goes now you will find older aircraft will become less profitable, also you will now notice in your balance sheet that you will pay for aircraft depreciation, more costs will be taken away from your nett and this will grow if you keep those same aircraft.

Best is to replace top earners with new aircraft and sell the old.

simmo1111

simmo1111

CEO: Thomas Cook Group

• 58 posts
I am going to replace all 109 A319-100 aircrafts with A330-300's in 2 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
when did it get turned back on? imm now being charged for it...

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

imm now being charged for it...

tuff eh :airplane

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
You're not really "charged" for it, the money loss you see there is deducted from your overall company value, not your bank account. So it doesn't effect your cash flow at all.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I am going to replace all 109 A319-100 aircrafts with A330-300's in 2 years.

2-yrs, looks like the aircraft delivery has also been fixed, so you will need more time to do 109 of them.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

tuff eh :airplane

no just wasnt expecting it...

cws

cws

• 35 posts

This feature was active, then it was taken away due to some past hacking, yes you are right, as each year goes now you will find older aircraft will become less profitable, also you will now notice in your balance sheet that you will pay for aircraft depreciation, more costs will be taken away from your nett and this will grow if you keep those same aircraft.

Best is to replace top earners with new aircraft and sell the old.

Thanks very much for the informative response! As your posts convey a great deal of experience and knowledge, at what age-point, would you say (roughly, or on average) that one should contemplate replacement?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Thanks very much for the informative response! As your posts convey a great deal of experience and knowledge, at what age-point, would you say (roughly, or on average) that one should contemplate replacement?

I would say anything over 10 years old should start getting replaced, due to the maintenance and its general costs would start increasing. Thus replacing current planes with new ones would be a good way to offset these costs (just like some airlines in the real world, eg. SQ).

:D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

imperial

imperial

• 14 posts
Hmm, none of my aircraft have aged at all since I started several years ago (sim time). My financial sheet shows costs for depreciation, but the aircraft info page still shows every plane as being brand new and worth what I paid for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users