- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

OB1504

OB1504

• 23 posts
  • WLM ID:carlosperea92@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:OB-1504
Wait, at the beginning you get two free aircraft, right? Can they be any aircraft, or do they have to be a B1900D or an aircraft of the sort?

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen
You get 2 B1900D or J-31 right now. It could change though in the new game.

Guest_ome 66_*

Guest_ome 66_*
  • Guests
how did you get that map?

OB1504

OB1504

• 23 posts
  • WLM ID:carlosperea92@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:OB-1504

Originally posted by ome 66
how did you get that map?

Great Circle Mapper

Guest_120400_*

Guest_120400_*
  • Guests
i think that with these planes being so expensive you should either:
-start out/give us some more money or lower the prices.
the new airlines like me will have troubles starting well and catching up to the good ones. we won't be able to buy as many planes. personally i like the list how it is

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
i believe that there will be a restart to put in the new a/c database

Guest_bmartin_*

Guest_bmartin_*
  • Guests
The game will be reseted before the new aircraft/airport database will be put online. So everybody will have to start entirely new. At that point you'll be able to buy used aircrafts and be able to lease aircrafts.
But seems to me that there might be a problem: who are you gonna lease the planes from at the very begining?

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
The reset is due to the new aircraft database. The contract script may or may not be ready before the release, but it is not required to reset. The routemap is also coming along nicely and that should not need reseting either.

As far as the used aircraft, we will most likely create a "broker" who owns all of the used aircraft first and you will buy or lease from them. The aircraft broker will not acquire any airplanes, so once they're out, they're out.

Guest_SkyHawk82831_*

Guest_SkyHawk82831_*
  • Guests
I might have missed this...but I have looked around and don't remember seeing it...sorry if I didnt miss it...but do you have any rough ideas as to when the reset will be?

davidt

davidt

• 97 posts
As far as the used aircraft, we will most likely create a "broker" who owns all of the used aircraft first and you will buy or lease from them. The aircraft broker will not acquire any airplanes, so once they're out, they're out.

Will we all start out with $5m cash? If so then you're going to get slow demand at first then suddenly everybody's gonna be buying planes from the broker :)

Although this may take the fun out, you could leave everybody with their cash? :D

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
The ranges on the DC-8s look pretty far off. The 50 has better range than the 62, and the 70 series all have lower ranges than their low bypass brethren. The ranges on some of te regional a/c look pretty phenominal. In particular, the 1900. Is this perhaps with no payload or reserves?

Why does the A333 have more seat than the A343? its te same fues, right?
Same issue between 742B and 742C, 743 and 744

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen
same with the 717 and the 737-300. The 737 all have better range than the 717 but only the -700, 800, and 900 have more.

Guest_jak_*

Guest_jak_*
  • Guests
hmm, don't the airbus aircraft (330 and 340 series in particular) seat too many people? i can't see how the 332 could seat more people than the 772... and the 346 with 420 seats while the 773 has only 370?

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
I think this is the difference in the way Airbus and Boeing report their numbers. Boeing probably reported typical seating arrangements while Airbus reported max.

...typical European :D

Skycap

Skycap

• 52 posts
Where did you get the numbers from? Some places, like airliners.net post typical seating, others have median seating ranges while others report maximum seating. Then there's the actual airliner sites.

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for max seating or a typical layout?

Guest_jak_*

Guest_jak_*
  • Guests
yeah, looks like it's the difference between putting typical seating and max seating :D

are there plans of changing the stats or are the planes pretty much final?

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
How can u change a planes engines?

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
Once the aircraft is delivered & baught, you can't chnage the engines.

Guest_dmspilot_*

Guest_dmspilot_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by miller22
Just to let you know where all my time has gone over the past few days (not including my full-time job or graduate school)

What field are you studying? Just curious.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Wow. Guess your old ISP really are a bunch of bastards! You should see what airlineempires.com looks like now.

BTW, love the new pie charts and the "currently logged out" screen. It's little touches like this that sets this game far apart from the rest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users