• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager

You can add Basel/Mulhouse (BSL) to that list. Usually found on the French-Swiss border, its gone and outsourced itself to Eastern Kazakhstan.

That one's my favorite.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I like it lol, after a quick scan over the list I have here, the following airports I think COULD be wrong:
Lyon Saint Exupery (France)
Cork (Ireland)
Dublin (Ireland)
Kerry County (Ireland)
Milan Linate (Italy)
Rosita (Nicaragua)
Cusco (Peru)
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Chicago Midway (USA)
Albany (USA)

Those are the ones I found without a N/S or E/W on the end =).
Posted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Dublin was corrected.
As for Kerry County, I don't know where your source is but in Ireland its called Kerry (Official aviation name) and Farranfore locally. Same with Knock. Official aviation name is Connaught, real world name Ireland West Airport Knock since their last re brand. Knock is more of a colloquial name.
Aer Solas

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
St. Maarten/SXM is displaced!

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

Dublin was corrected.
As for Kerry County, I don't know where your source is but in Ireland its called Kerry (Official aviation name) and Farranfore locally. Same with Knock. Official aviation name is Connaught, real world name Ireland West Airport Knock since their last re brand. Knock is more of a colloquial name.

I took all the names from Wikipedia (which is where I get most of the information from), and so as not to confuse people about locations I use the airport's location instead of it's name.

Also of interest is how Ireland West Airport Knock got it's name? Have they just given us the words so we can arrange them in any way that suits us?
Posted Image

a380

a380

• 45 posts
Milan Malpensa, Italy, is misplaced, it's now located somewhere in NW China.
Posted Image

ID: 10565

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Could you please include the airport identifier when you list an airport. It makes it easier to fix, especially for lazy people such as myself.

OAAir

OAAir

• 8 posts
Geneva (GVA) is still showing on the map as being several hundred miles east of the Caspian Sea.

Barcelona (BCN) appears to have moved to have moved into the Balkans.
OA Air
Sim 1: 21506
Sim 2: 17585

cws

cws

• 35 posts
...and:

MXP-Milan Malpensa: in western China, following in the footsteps of Marco Polo
BIO-Bilbao: striking a blow for Basque independence by migrating to the eastern mid-Atlantic (just north of the Azores)
ORK-Cork: this Cork is bobbing along with the waves in the deep south Atlantic.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

...and:

MXP-Milan Malpensa: in western China, following in the footsteps of Marco Polo
BIO-Bilbao: striking a blow for Basque independence by migrating to the eastern mid-Atlantic (just north of the Azores)

I love this guy :P

Also, CRP Corpus Christi has shipped out o the gulf of Mexico.
Posted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net

Also of interest is how Ireland West Airport Knock got it's name?

Its what you get when you put marketing people in charge... :P
Aer Solas

OAAir

OAAir

• 8 posts
Colombo (CMB) has decided to move from the Indian Ocean to the North Sea. Also, interestingly enough, I can fly there from MCO in a 737 (says 1513 miles), but it is over 11000 from SIN.

Also, Taipei (TPE) has apparently figured out a new form of independence and has moved south to Indonesia.
OA Air
Sim 1: 21506
Sim 2: 17585

archville

archville

• 38 posts
Barcelona (BCN),Geneva (GVA), MXP-Milan Malpensa, still requiring quite a long cab journey to their city centers and hotels.
Fly away (7600)

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Cork (ORK) has rebelled against it's Irish heritage and has moved down towards Antarctica.

Milan Malpensa (MXP) has made it difficult for the Shengen carriers by moving out to Asia.

Barcelona (BCN) has been a Prat by going to Eastern Europe.

Bilbao (BIO)... The next step in the urban renewal sees then move to the mid Atlantic.
Posted Image

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
And Miller is doing his hardest to fix this.

"Today, there were many riots throughout Europe. We think this is because of the displacement of the cities on the map. Anyways, people are taking action, serious action and reporting it to the leader. This is the current news. YamazaruNinja in Europe, signing out"

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

"Today, there were many riots throughout Europe. We think this is because of the displacement of the cities on the map. Anyways, people are taking action, serious action and reporting it to the leader. This is the current news. YamazaruNinja in Europe, signing out"

Sorry can I just cut in there, we have Birmingham 2-2 West Bromwich Albion...Beautiful equalizer, good move up the pitch the ball comes to the attacker he hammers it in beautiful goal beautiful goal... Back to you Yamazaru!
Posted Image

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts

Sorry can I just cut in there, we have Birmingham 2-2 West Bromwich Albion...Beautiful equalizer, good move up the pitch the ball comes to the attacker he hammers it in beautiful goal beautiful goal... Back to you Yamazaru!

"Thanks FlyWorld. Today, the weather is just terrible in the US, specifically the Midwest. There is dense fog and blowing snow. The temperature is below freezing! A lot of flights are being canceled. Be warned when flying through the Midwest. We are getting word that the people in Miami are laughing their heads off because of this. When it happens to them, we'll be laughing twice as hard.:P
YamazaruNinja-United States; signing out"

BobFlop

BobFlop

Awesomeness Squared

• 28 posts

Also, Taipei (TPE) has apparently figured out a new form of independence and has moved south to Indonesia.

Finally someone stood up to the Mainlanders. Always got irked when people referred to Taiwan as 'Chinese Taipei'. Down with the Reds!

And it appears that after the recent coup attempt back home in the Philippines, the current government decided to move the capital, Manila (MNL), farther east to Subic Bay. Hell, and they were just about to open Terminal 3. I appaud you, GMA! Genius. :P
Floppage
Believing since 25/09/07
Oriental Connection[Sim2-17142]

Posted Image

cws

cws

• 35 posts
YQM - Moncton (New Brunswick, Canada) has gone from obscurity to who knows where....it is showing as 6,161 miles from EWR/Newark

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
SXM is off.
ORK is off also on the map but the distances between it and other places are correct.
Airline ID: 8791 in the World Airline Alliance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users