Photo

*no name* Alliance Seeks Members (sim2)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Watsup Airways

Watsup Airways

• 121 posts
We probably are not going to limit the number of airlines unless there gets to be to many.

I never thought of using oneworld.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Watsup Airways
Sim 2 (16605)

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
WorldJet Alliance?
Air Community Alliance?
Shuttle Alliance?
World Flyer?
Hybrid Alliance?
One Planet?
Centurion Wings?

Just a few names that I've jotted down.

Personally I quite like Hybrid Alliance, as it sounds quite futuristic, and is quite well used in aivation... Just my 2c though...
Posted Image

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts

By the way, are you going to limit the amount of airlines that are going to able to join in?

Well as far as I know we need minimum 5 members to get our own thread. Then one can think about limits. Maybe we can create a free site for the alliance. I can do it, but my connection is a bit slow...:sniff:
Emirates - A proud member of StarAlliance

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
I can do it! I have a fast computer.
Did I mention it's a Dell?

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
BTW, I have something, I could make a section/board for us on it. I was trying to get players from Airline Mogul/Airline Empire/Airway Sim to join they so we could mainly talk about aviation/alliances.

http://blue29.proboa...2.com/index.cgi

We need a logo/name before anybody signs up.

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts
Thats what we need, looks good. Just waiting for Watsup so we can vote for a name

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
We could get people to talk about their alliances and we could get more peole to join.

In almost every world, I use the airline "Alto Airlines" unless I don't feel like it :yes:

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts
Jeez didn't see the poll..

Anyone know how many alliances there are in sim2?

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
1 or 2. That's all. or maybe 0. IDK.

Bell417

Bell417

• 18 posts
I'm interested but I'm on a ton of heavy routes (i.e. New York, all three airports, Las Vegas, Paris, both airports, LAX, Portland, Denver, Atlanta, London Stanstead and Gatwick, Honolulu, Tokyo, Beijing, Singapore, Johannesberg, you get the point). "You cannot operate a route, that already exists, into an airline's hub in the alliance without permission (strongly encouraged) already granted from that airline." Would I still be allowed to keep all my routes? My airline is North Star Air, #17068, curently worth $5,000,000,000something.

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts
Seeing as we're still forming the alliance, this is the way I think it should operate:

1.) As an alliance we want to dominate routes. Now say on JNB-EWR there's a daily amount of 1000pax. I put an A340 on the route which equals +-300 seats (seeing as you can only fly one-way due to time restrictions). Then I would want other alliance members to help me on the route.

Because, I don't know if u noticed, but as soon as you have 2 planes on a route the profit drops. But the more planes you have, the higher the daily capacity grows, and you start getting better profits. Weird, I know guess its a glitch. So as Watsup said earlier, in this alliance you can fly into another airline's hub, providing that you're helping him and not taking over his routes. It would be quite unfair if a big airline controlled all the flights out of KJFK and no-one else is permitted to fly there.
KJFK starts being an *whatname* Alliance hub and all partners have permission to fly there from their respective hubs. Of course, due to the nature of the game we've got 7th and 9th freedom rights! But as long as the alliance don't become overcrowded, one can work it out.

Maybe I'm wrong, please feel free to give your suggestions

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Well this doesn't bother me, but it seems a good idea as it seems to help everyone... I'm already in because JFK is one of my main hubs anyway.
Posted Image

Watsup Airways

Watsup Airways

• 121 posts
Obviously we will have alliance hubs at each major airline's major hubs. Mine being MCO of course along with LHR and STN with BWI JED and NDJ building. Anyone who hubs NDJ can get A380 like LFs due to KaaiElEm's massive hub there.

We will be aiming for worldwide ops in all alliance hubs. AND smaller airlines in the alliance can operate domestic routes from our international hubs.

EX- Say I fly routes from PEK to all of Europe (which I don't but just for the sake of the example) then a smaller airline can hub there and get all the connecting PAX and utilize them for domestic routes.

I for one don't have much time on my hands, so another alliance member can run the rest of MCO-Africa routes say and complete alliance OPS there.

Depending on airline profits and hubs at certain airports some airlines may be asked to close certain routes so that instead of 2 airlines losing profit one will make profit.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Watsup Airways
Sim 2 (16605)

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation
Guys, this is really none of my business and I don't even play sim2, but... You do realise that the game does not recognize alliances in any way? That means that you do not share passengers at hubs and there are no code-share flights or anything like that. For example, it does not help you if you have a smaller alliance member operating feeder flights to your hub. It actually lowers your market share at that hub and has a negative effect on you long-haul routes. The game sees all airlines as competitors, and to make the most amount of money you have to dominate your hubs alone, not share them with alliance members.

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts
Hey guys, I'm gonna break away from this alliance. Nothing personal, but there's a lot of airlines and quite a few guys have asked me to start our own alliance. So nothing against watsup and the guys, just a bit of competition. And we will take care not to operate out of your major hubs like MCO etc.

I think it would also be a good idea to communicate between the alliances to make sure who is dominating where so we don't get under each others collars.

Oh and btw I'm taking the name StarAlliance so just scrap it off your list.Thanks!

Bell417

Bell417

• 18 posts
I'm gonna go with Zantop (I'm sorry if my message on the last page made you think I was joining, thats not how it was intended). Good Luck!

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
See ya!:P
Have fun in the other alliance.

BobFlop

BobFlop

Awesomeness Squared

• 28 posts

Oh and btw I'm taking the name StarAlliance so just scrap it off your list.Thanks!

He just had to do it. I really liked the notion of using Star Alliance as the name for this alliance. Have fun! Anyway, since I'm one of the smaller airlines left, does that mean I'll just be a regional carrier for Europe and Asia, with no hope for expansion into the international realm of flights? 'Cuz under the current 'plan', if you will, that is my destined role. Just wanted to make sure. And Kontio might have a point, even though I don't have enough experience with the game to judge.
Floppage
Believing since 25/09/07
Oriental Connection[Sim2-17142]

Posted Image

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts

He just had to do it. I really liked the notion of using Star Alliance as the name for this alliance.

:saint: If u read back a bit, you'll see I was the one who came up with the name..

Have fun! Anyway, since I'm one of the smaller airlines left, does that mean I'll just be a regional carrier for Europe and Asia, with no hope for expansion into the international realm of flights? 'Cuz under the current 'plan', if you will, that is my destined role.

What I'm doing is appointing a regional manager for each region of the game. Kind of works better. As Kontio said, the game doesn't recognize alliances but there are ways where it can actually help

Watsup Airways

Watsup Airways

• 121 posts
Once my alliance folds out (should be soon) you will be able to become whatever you want as long as you are able to.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Watsup Airways
Sim 2 (16605)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users