Please fix the gate amounts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
Somebody please fix the gates at AMS, BFS, EDI, SVO, NCL, CDG, TLS, ATL, HOU, LAS, LAX, SFO and SEA. Thanks

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I'm working on a list of airports with correct gate and pax numbers at the moment. It should make the game more realistic if miller decides to use it.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

I'm working on a list of airports with correct gate and pax numbers at the moment. It should make the game more realistic if miller decides to use it.

Well, not exactly the point but i see ur doing some good work and hopefully u have it completed soon ;)

And on those gates, its a matter of doing 2 things:
- Banning the IP behind whoever is not only creating negative gates, but making airlines to make gates at certain airports to jeopardise certain individuals
- Perhaps investigate and create a new gates page, which is not only better for AE, but stops people from abusing certain issues currently on that page.

Thats the only way to solve problems like this. Being pro-active and on top of things.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

Well, not exactly the point but i see ur doing some good work and hopefully u have it completed soon :P

Thanks, almost completed North America, gate data is pretty sparse for regionals though ;)
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Thanks, almost completed North America, gate data is pretty sparse for regionals though ;)

Park em anywhere, that outta do it :sdrool:

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Aye lol, I'm just gonna plop a random number between one and 20 and let Miller do what Miller does with them.
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
dont fix the gates....someone screwed them up, oh well, it will hurt the people that built terminals because gates were in the negatives

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Using accurate gate data would not work for AE. Look at airports like PHF (4 gates), DAL (19 gates) or MDW (43 gates). This would severely limit the number of airlines flying into these airports and would only serve to increase the amount of gate hoarding currently going on.
Posted ImagePosted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I see no reason for anyone involved in the game not to be able to welly up the gates at these airports, the gates are just there to serve as a rough guideline of how 'big' these airports are.
Posted Image

sigma

sigma

• 12 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:hicksapple

Using accurate gate data would not work for AE. Look at airports like PHF (4 gates), DAL (19 gates) or MDW (43 gates). This would severely limit the number of airlines flying into these airports and would only serve to increase the amount of gate hoarding currently going on.

There are ways to fix this. For example only allowing the purchase of X number of those gates per month at tightly constricted airports. Also increasing the price of gates at those airports would help to move the demand elsewhere.
Pan American Airways (19006)
"Connecting the World"

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Of course, if u wish to go into specifics, u could also argue that we need more slots per gate and determine the time of each aircraft on each slot, so that if u use smaller planes at that certain gate, u can have more ops while bigger aircraft take more time and thus, limit gate usage.

But this has being discussed before... ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

sigma

sigma

• 12 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:hicksapple

Of course, if u wish to go into specifics, u could also argue that we need more slots per gate and determine the time of each aircraft on each slot, so that if u use smaller planes at that certain gate, u can have more ops while bigger aircraft take more time and thus, limit gate usage.

But this has being discussed before... ;)

Here's a simple solution. Anything that takes less than an hour to turn would only require 1 slot. Everything that takes more than an hour to turn would require 2 slots. That would help keep people from just dumping A380's on domestic routes and simply flooding everyone out.
Pan American Airways (19006)
"Connecting the World"

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

dont fix the gates....someone screwed them up, oh well, it will hurt the people that built terminals because gates were in the negatives

tbh it does benefit some people that build terminals .... since the gates will just disappear into the -gap, then get back on the market , and without gates for rent (and inpossible to trade) they don't really have to fear new competitors on most routes .

This "situation" mainly kills all the smaller airlines that can't afford to build terminals ..
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Here's a simple solution. Anything that takes less than an hour to turn would only require 1 slot. Everything that takes more than an hour to turn would require 2 slots. That would help keep people from just dumping A380's on domestic routes and simply flooding everyone out.

Perhaps u could even set the turnaround times, with quicker turnaround times meantimes less costs and stuff... since low-cost airlines can turnaround planes in 20-40mins while the legacy or international airlines flying longer routes, take on average around 2-3hrs to turnaround. U would just need to determine a fair average and perhaps allocate urself within the airline how long u want ur turnaround times to be. Maybe even become a differentiation point and a competitive advantage, depending on the circumstances and how u operated ur airline.

We could beat this topic to death really.. ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
okok stop ;) What i meant in my first post was to actually get those gates out of the -ve and make them at least 0 or something...

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

okok stop :P What i meant in my first post was to actually get those gates out of the -ve and make them at least 0 or something...

i think what we are trying to say that even though it seems an easy solution, it wont stop this person from creating airlines and making the gates go into negative.

And that more needs to be done before it can be that easy to fix ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

NewYinzer

NewYinzer

• 14 posts
I don't see why we can't delete those airlines who are inactive. Theoretically, if they're inactive for 20 days, they aren't playing, right? That would free up some gate space for new entrant carriers. As for negative gates, why not edit the gate info so those airports with negative gates are edited to have, say, 20 free gates? As for gate hoarding, US Airways has hoarded gate space at Pittsburgh for years. What we really need is gate info for more airports. It's a bit much to ask for runway info (so we could stop A380's on domestic routes), but how come I can't serve Grand Rapids, Green Bay, State College, or Yellowknife? These airports exist, and by allowing new airlines to serve them, they could survive in a niche market.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

Perhaps u could even set the turnaround times, with quicker turnaround times meantimes less costs and stuff... since low-cost airlines can turnaround planes in 20-40mins while the legacy or international airlines flying longer routes, take on average around 2-3hrs to turnaround. U would just need to determine a fair average and perhaps allocate urself within the airline how long u want ur turnaround times to be. Maybe even become a differentiation point and a competitive advantage, depending on the circumstances and how u operated ur airline.

We could beat this topic to death really.. :P

This seems a good idea, but instead of a gate being worth 5 <b>slots</b>, it could be worth 5 <b>hours</b>?

P.S., Grand Rapids is already in the game, and with some of the other airports you stated, there just aren't enough customers in the game for them gto be profitable at all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users