Photo

Real Life Airline

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
If you owned a real life airline... how would you manage it?

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
I'd focus on customers. I wouldnt be one of those airlines who says how important their customers are to them, while throwing them a coke and some pretzels on a 4 hour flight just because they're sitting in coach. Meals for all. It's costly but, in the end, worth it because people wouldnt feel like we're nickel-and-diming them to death by charging them 5 bucks for a snack box or something. Now, i probably wouldnt have much IFE on domestic routes simply because, in todays world, people are just fine with doing work on laptops or bringing their own movies they'd like to watch. First class would probably have the option of using individual TVs in the back of each seat.

I'd also focus on hiring happy and friendly people. I'd treat employees with respect and wouldnt give myself a 12mil bonus while cutting everyone elses pay. Everyone from the C.E.O down to ramp workers would be treated fairly. Theres a long list of things i'd do if i owned my own airline. lol
Long live NWA!

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
With the food thing, I know it saves millions of dollars a year, but think about it: NWA stopped giving away pretzels and pop in coach, a pretzel and pop for a customer is about a buck, charge an extra buck!!!
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
I'd focus on short range flights. And with meals... I'd serve them on flights longer than 3hrs. My fleet would be mainly 737's. I'd have a couple of 787's and a fair amount of Beech 1900D's. I'd focus more on the costumer and make sure they are treated with respect and with high-quality planes (interior too).

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

If you owned a real life airline... how would you manage it?

copy Sir Richard Branson and u make $$$$
Posted Image

eeikel

eeikel

• 8 posts
I would start with 10 sukhoi super100Jet new airplane 98 passengers econemy but i would fit it with +-68 business seats weighs less then 20tons TOW and fly major business and politician routes till 2600miles (4200km) for half a normal business price ticket with business service and econemy people to fill the plane up. the sukoi's cost 25mil$ each with ten maybe 20-22mil$ thats 17-18 mil euro a A319 cost 55milion euro's and has 109 seats.

The biggest problem is probeply getting the cash to start in the first place, even with one cheap aircraft its still diffecult getting it financed and some money to pay for expenses...

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts
Depends what the airline is, where it is, and if there's any budget/spare funds.

If none of that, I'd make a spaceline, not an airline... Mini rocket planes go into orbit and make LAX-JFK and JFK-LHR faster than a concorde... *grin*

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts
Make a hightech Concorde, AN-225, A350 airline.
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

flyMNA346

flyMNA346

• 26 posts
I would have a fleet of A321s, A330-200 and 300 series, and A340-600s. I would have some domestic flights, but mostly international flights from Minneapolis to Europe and Asia. In the real world Northwest would do anything to get my airline out of business.

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I would probably run my airline with Continental Airlines service for passengers (meals, blankets, assigned seats, movies, etc), but run the employee side as Southwest (SWA may herd their passengers like cattle, but the employees are treated better and paid among the highest in the industry). Basically, I'd run my airline like Continental while Gordon was still in charge-Larry is way too nickel and dime/ bottom line only-doesn't care about the people.

ivyAir

ivyAir

Air Alliance Member

• 27 posts
10x Boeing 737-800's, equipped with all Premium-Economy seating.

Chocolate-brown seats with beige seatback AVOD and beige tray-table.

Lots of mood-lighting, and beige-coloured walls & overhead stowage bins.

The carpet would be a chocolate-brown.

Black livery with gold writing and a nice crest as a logo.

Custom-built tunnelled airstairs - the outside being black with gold airline name and logo, the inside being black metal with gold handrails.

Custom-built fully-equipped bathrooms with shower instead of standard toilets.

All bathroom amenities would be provided by Bvlgari.

Light, airy classical (elevator) music to play in the background.

Now, THAT, is luxurious flying. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users