Photo

BAN free .com e-mails from registration

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
The game really needs a halt to these bogus hotmail/g.mail.com e-mails , cuz this morning some %*&*&^)&^ was so funny again to start a number of LAMER airlines to create 100+ gates at a specific location ... or just simply limt the nr. of gates an airline can rent, before required to build a terminal, so we won't have this gate problem(s) over and over .. All this mess isn't doing the game any good at all ;)
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Great... another round where a f.... a##hole decided to make gates at specific locations...

;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
I like it.

Also, how about shutting off registration for new airlines after the first 6 monthes of play or something? I know one of the rounds ened up this way.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

I like it.

Also, how about shutting off registration for new airlines after the first 6 monthes of play or something? I know one of the rounds ened up this way.

I'd say this was a better idea, some people only have hotmail or gmail etc. In my experience after year 1 there are only 200 really active players anyway and after year 5 even less. Leaving the registration open the whole game is just asking for trouble.
Posted Image

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
I like the idea of closing the registration after a couple of AE mths though completely banning free registratino emails I do not agree

I use a free one, due to the fact that i aint going to use my government account ;) even if it ends up with fesa.wa.gov.au

Like no :)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
How about disabling the creation of gates for new airlines, make them start somewhere where there is gates
Posted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net

How about disabling the creation of gates for new airlines, make them start somewhere where there is gates

I'd say that is easiest to go for, and probably the fairest option.
Aer Solas

EXTspotter

EXTspotter

Senior Opinion

• 173 posts
they could then just get rid of all the gates in one place then by creating many airlines there, preventing people from getting gates without having a terminal
Flybe - Who'd've thought Pixies and Trolls would be certified pilots?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

they could then just get rid of all the gates in one place then by creating many airlines there, preventing people from getting gates without having a terminal

Good thinking Alex, good to see someone is awake ;)
Posted Image

EXTspotter

EXTspotter

Senior Opinion

• 173 posts

Good thinking Alex, good to see someone is awake ;)

I'm always awake :ssleepy:
Flybe - Who'd've thought Pixies and Trolls would be certified pilots?

slannoy

slannoy

• 31 posts
If you have a website and a domain name you can create a lot of e-mail adresses. for example I own gatea1.net and I have no limit in the number of adress.

Registration on Invitation for exemple would be a good idee as well but need developement by Miller.

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
sure make the nobs wiser !!!
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

Halsey

Halsey

• 17 posts
Terrible idea. Gmail rocks (thats gmail.com, not, g.mail.com, and everyone should use it! Besides, my "non-free" school account just sends me spam and I HATE it. If I lived in an ideal world, gmail would be my one and only email address.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Not Gmail, but maybe yahoo, MSN, Kaxy, Bigstring, etc. where just about anyone can create as many accounts as they want. By invitation is a good option though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

Terrible idea. Gmail rocks (thats gmail.com, not, g.mail.com, and everyone should use it! Besides, my "non-free" school account just sends me spam and I HATE it. If I lived in an ideal world, gmail would be my one and only email address.

huh 'ideal' world?

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net

If I lived in an ideal world, gmail would be my one and only email address.

I'm with you on that one. Love the spam filters!
Aer Solas

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
I don't think banning the free emails would be a good idea as that would really limit as to who can play the game (I don't have a name@freeservice.com), and some people have internet access but they don't have a paid email. And what about those who did? I do like drv4truk's idea for the invite. I think the way it should be is there is a forum where the player introduces themselves and such, and then they get a invite from a game mod or admin to come in and play the game.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
The other option, that most of you dread, is to use credit card verification. This would mean having to charge, at least enough to cover the credit card fees, but it would mean nobody would have multiple airlines. Then you can have as many players on an IP as you like, as long as they all have provided credit card verification for their identity.
Posted ImagePosted Image

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com

The other option, that most of you dread, is to use credit card verification. This would mean having to charge, at least enough to cover the credit card fees, but it would mean nobody would have multiple airlines. Then you can have as many players on an IP as you like, as long as they all have provided credit card verification for their identity.

The only real problem i have with that idea is what happens with the younger players who don't have credit cards, and maybe their parents won't do it for them?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

dbuis

dbuis

I'm a lost little DC9

• 13 posts
How about setting it up when someone registers, their email and IP address are binded together, and there can only be one instance and they must match.. (So you can't have multiple windows open, only one) Then when they try to register with a proxy service, most likely someone already has, that eliminates their ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users