respect in the game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Okay, i have had enough of this.

People, the game is free and you are asking for perfect and for this to be all of what miller does.

Miller is busy, and this is not his life, he does not code this 24/7 and has a family to look after and provide for as well. You guys are asking way to much from him and he is trying his best to do stuff.

Most people here are not giving miller the credit that he deserves. Most of you are wanting things to be done immediately and have no respect for the free game, and for miller at that matter.

There is little respect in this for what i see, and a lot of useless posts about cheating, and a lot of immature topic names and comments like eurojet.

Miller made this a free game, and do not expect things to be done immediately, like have some respect, and if you do not, leave the game, we do not need you going after miller to do something and expect what you want, just because you play it.

If you payed, then you can argue, but its free so just play it, miller is actually loosing money and time to make this game, so its time to show some appreciation for this than to spam the forums about cheating, we all know he is doing something about it, and spamming saying for people to get off and do something other than nothing. Things are being done and it takes time.

I know this was a little rant, but the point is that a lot of people here do not appreciate the game for what it is, and should leave if they feel that this should be all of what miller does.

Its a free game, and just respect miller for making it and have a fun time, instead of ruining it for people that want to just play.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Agree totally with Nathaniel on this one!!

I understand some people are frustrated that The Navy is still in the game and is ruining routes for people, but honestly, no need to vent ur frustration at Miller.

Miller is doing the best he can, becuase as Nathaniel said and most people here would know, he does have a real life to attended to and isnt coding 24/7. Miller knows about the problem and is probably working on a solution to the problem, though, some people here dont see it that way.

I think most of us, should be grateful that Miller is maintaining this game free for us, at his expense and we should recipricate that by showing our appreciation for his time and work he has done to get this game to where it is.

;)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yeah, miller as i said, is loosing money doing this, he gets no money in return, and here you come and bash him because it seems that he is not doing much... like come on, if you want stuff done immediately, find a game you pay for...

even in the games you pay for, the coder has a life and cant do anything,

best solution is just to be patient and wait, and not get angry over every little thing.

[Edited on 6/27/2005 by Nathaniel]

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
He's out of town until Wednesday, he can't do anything until then.

JoshWright

JoshWright

• 18 posts
Here! Here!

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by everotheleft
He's out of town until Wednesday, he can't do anything until then.

Hmm, didn't know that, thanks for the info:).

I completely agree with Nathaniel (WWOW, that's a first:P) leave miller alone and just take your frustration on the mods that delete your posts:mad:

jk:P

GJ79

GJ79

Banned

• Banned
  • 19 posts
For the 1st and last time, i agree with you.

Thats it...

Guest_JonnyRingo_*

Guest_JonnyRingo_*
  • Guests
Nothing but admiration here.... To put up with this cr*p & lose money to, I cant say i'd be doing it....

JR

PS Is there anyway to make a donation?

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by JonnyRingo
PS Is there anyway to make a donation?

Already been asked and no response. I'd be more then willing to donate some cash to help Miller with server costs or other things.

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
Miller eventually intends on Ae turning a profit, I suspect that's why he won't take a donation.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
I think all these stupid threads should be closed. They are all related to a bug that one airline is using and there's nothing we can do about it but wait untill Miller does something about it. So all the threads about 'telling him how you feel' and 'respect in the game' should be closed. Their POINTLESS!

ealvarez

ealvarez

• 162 posts
actually this thread doesnt have to do with the other. talkin about people in general

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by DevSilv7
I think all these stupid threads should be closed. They are all related to a bug that one airline is using and there's nothing we can do about it but wait untill Miller does something about it. So all the threads about 'telling him how you feel' and 'respect in the game' should be closed. Their POINTLESS!

how is it pointless? I have seen so many times no respect towards the game and miller and something needs to be done about it. Miller makes this game for free and we should respect it, its not stupid a since so many people, do not respect miller at all.

Why should we close this one??? give me more than .... nothing

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
Still, there's nothing we can do about that either. You cant change people, they have to be willing to change themselves.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
there is something we can do though, for everyone to respect miller and respect that he cant code this 24/7 unlike what some people think he can do.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
Yea,well the people who cant respect Miller for what he's doing for us, and that he's paying for this and we get this service for FREE, those people should be banned.

actango

actango

• 56 posts

Originally posted by DevSilv7
Yea,well the people who cant respect Miller for what he's doing for us, and that he's paying for this and we get this service for FREE, those people should be banned.

Banned for having an opinion...ok...well thats a first. I understand he is busy and all, nothing wrong with that, real life is 100% more important than a game, but would it not be easier on himself if a small system could be setup so someone trustworthy, which I know there are people here, could place a temp. ban on cheaters (ie-Navy) until he gets the chance to review it. I know it isn't that difficult of a script to code...and would save time, and well, respect I guess in the long run so people arent on his back 24/7. Just my opinion...

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
I respect Miller for this game.

ADC752

ADC752

• 24 posts
I think Miller does an excellent job and he should earn the respect of everyone using this game. I know he sure has mine! I have just three games that I actually enjoy on the computer. They are: FS2004, SimCity(all versions), and of course Airline Empires. If anyone can get me to enjoy a computer game, they have my utmost respect.
;)

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
I think there is a saying, something like don't feed the hand that bites you or something like that

[Edite le 6/28/2005 par S.A. 13]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users