Sim 2: Market Research

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
The market research tool on Sim 2 is way out of whack!
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

Seddi

Seddi

• 7 posts
It gives you a good result for "smaller" aircrafts .. when I research routes for an EMB190 I got a a relative exact calculation, for huge aircrafts it is a bit more whacky, but it gives you a good tendence I think. It is like in real live a market research give you always only a trend and never a really exact result. So I think its OK, when it will always give you an exact calculation it will blow out the complete risk for new routes and this would be unrealistic and doesnt really make fun in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Airline-ID 16521/Sim2)

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
For me, no matter what size, it says it earns tons, but instead, I lose money on the route.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

Seddi

Seddi

• 7 posts
You have to "calculate" the possibility of a round trip or the possible frequencies by yourself, maybe that is the problem. If you calculate with "round trip" and you are later not able to make a round trip with that aircraft on this route it will surely be a completly different result. When I pay attention about that point, my research results are not so bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Airline-ID 16521/Sim2)

Elan

Elan

• 53 posts
  • WLM ID:elansu37@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Ebpilot3
  • Yahoo ID:elansu37

For me, no matter what size, it says it earns tons, but instead, I lose money on the route.

Same here.... :rolleyes:
Atlantic East Airways ~Serving You Best~
Posted Image

SQ748

SQ748

• 67 posts
Whatever size plane i use, it always says the profit is higher than it actually is.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
yea well i think this is a known bug, it's also in sim1 but not to such an extent I think.

I think it has to do with fuel calculations. When an estimated profit is shown after calculation the actual code used to calculate the fuel used is either not used or is different to when you press "create route"

Actually it's easy to see , try putting an A380 on say a 4200NM (return) route , you will notice that the "eastimated profit" & actual profit made differ by 90 to 100 k on each trip you use. It does vary a bit due to city yields etc but 90 to 100k is roughly what the difference is.

Try this on say a shorter route (same plane type) 1000NM and you will notice that the difference is always about 30 to 50k.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users