Photo

Trade-in used aircraft

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
Will it be possible in the next version of AE to be able to trade-in used aircraft.

If you want to buy an A320 for example and wish to trade in a Q400 the Q400 could be traded in to airbus at cost minus 20% when it comes time for the final 50% payment upon delivery?

If this is possible would it then be possible for the new aircraft to be automatically placed on the old aircrafts routes?

Steve
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

Africaspotter

Africaspotter

Mr McCool

• 323 posts
  • Skype Name:Africaspotter
Could you give me a real-life example where you can trade in an aircraft for another? Same manufacturer maybe, but what is Airbus supposed to do with a Q400?

Felix
Voyage (13814) ... Number one airline.

The Number 1-Travel-Wiki at http://www.wikivoyage.org

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I was thinking the same thing when I read it the first time. Maybe it would be ok to trade up on leased aircraft, but don't expect it from a manufacturer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Actually, its well reported that SQ gave Boeing its A340-300s are part of the order for Boeing 777-200/ER at the time and Boeing was having trouble getting rid of these aircraft. So that could be seen as a trade-in.. but yes, it is very really used im afraid.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
airline manufactures have dealers who do some trade-ups if the manufacturs did trade direct can just think of all the airports around the world would be jammed pack with old frames there would be no room to land :)
Posted Image

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
The traded-in aircraft could either be scrapped (ie removed from the game) or placed onto the used aircraft market at cost price.
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Well, I do remember that Braniff (the first one) traded in a 747-100 for a few 727s. So it certainly does happen in the real world. So it does seem like a good idea. But I don't know how the the manufacture would go around with having it, perhaps this can be how leased airframes could start? Don't know, but I do like this idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users