Photo

EMERGENCY MESSAGE: 3RA NO LONGER EXISTS, Please read, urgent notice!

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Hi all,

It is with great sorrow and regret that I am closing the Third Rock Alliance for the last time. Since the end of the April round I found that I myself could not find enough time to manage my own AE airline let alone manage an entire alliance. By handing the 3RA to piercey, whom I have to say professionally and creatively led the 3RA for two rounds, I knew it would only go downhill from here.

Indeed, it has. I can still remember the words from the post where Worldwide Air left on his first resignation letter: "I feel as though this alliance has never helped me". Of course, it might be an exaggeration, but it is true. Looking back to our humble beginnings in Australia as the South Pacific Alliance with Sky-WA leading, then evolving into the 3RA with Sky-WA, Air Koru, Origin Pacific and Great Northern Airways, the alliance has never really helped us in many ways. Soon, piercey was on and off, not really into AE anymore. At the start of this round, we received notice that Air Koru, Origin Pacific, Israir, Alaska Pacific and Air Germany would not be playing at all. That killed off nearly 50% of the alliance.

Receiving WWA's second resignation letter a few days ago, Temasek Airlines threatened to leave (I shall not disclose why, and he shall not disclose why either, I hope), and now High Flyer, one of our best advocates of the alliance, has also submitted a formal resignation.

I sincerely hope you understand my decision to close the Third Rock Alliance for the second, but regrettably final, time. It has been a pleasure working with all of you and I hope to see you all again someday.

Thanks for your attention,
Chester Li
Gizme Airways International (2536)
3RA Co-Founder and Lifetime Member

"May the spirit of 3RA live on in our hearts"

***Posted on AE Forums, courtesy of Glenn, KaaiElEm (Blames Taiwanese earthquake ruining my internet connection)
Posted Image

BAW Select

BAW Select

The Good Guy

• 351 posts
  • WLM ID:ba787@hotmail.co.uk
Cant say Im surprised, its what happens when you start turning down me for entry :) :P . Na I am surprised, especially when i was told so blatantly no. Oh well, any old memberd feel free to apply to the Global Allaince, We are small, but very personal.

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
I see you used personal as a euphemism for crap :P
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

BAW Select

BAW Select

The Good Guy

• 351 posts
  • WLM ID:ba787@hotmail.co.uk
Also, I diont mean to sound rude, but can you really close down an alliance, yes you can leave, but that doesnt mean 3RA has to close, they can still be around without you

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
  • WLM ID:dangould747@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:fa059
  • Yahoo ID:dangould2000@yahoo.co.uk
  • Skype Name:dangould2000
3ra will be around, WE ARE NOT CLOSING DOWN!!!!!

myself and the head of operations are moving the whole of the alliance to a new webserver where no AE mod will ever be able to stick their nose in
Posted Image Posted Image

Based at MAN, ID: 11428

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
GizGiz was the only one left of any value to 3ra, you might as well give up :P
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
and chris, shut the heck up, i had enough of you stuff already today,

and if your mind says 'giving up' is the best option, well it just shows what kind of person you are,

3RA is NOT CLOSING, and nothing, NOTHING is gonna change that, savvi?

edit: don't make me wash your mouth out with soap.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

bad naughty words

Hey, cut out the 4 letter words.:thumbdown:

How about a post with constructive replies, not abuse like this.

Shame on you:sniff:

edit: all in the quote

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
shame on me??

i'm not the one trying to disband an alliance that i have no say in

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts

3RA is NOT CLOSING, and nothing, NOTHING is gonna change that, savvi?

Bet it will :)

No point in pursuing a lost cause :P

I'm just making a friendly suggestion...

Troll

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
you ain't being friendly, you're being pushy, obnoxious, annoying and a complete b****

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
Ooooh, sorry now.

Cheer up, pal :P

Troll

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
cant u just st** for a moment chris, we're sick of u and ur probing into our affairs. Just don't say a word, is that very difficult? Are you too bored and have no life that you have to worry about 3RA and whats happening to it? If so, i pity you. If Gizgiz is the only one with value in 3RA, then i wonder, what values are there in a person who sets up an alliance, never posts for a long time, then just suddenly close it down. Chris, you ought to be real sorry, ur mouth is so dirty soap wont help. So what if you own the AE chat, so what if ur the leader of FWUA. The new 3RA, lead by HF and me, is gonna bring FWUA DOWN......

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Children please. :thumbdown: Do you really need to have your little tiff in public?
Posted ImagePosted Image

gizgiz

gizgiz

Left AE for Better Games

• 269 posts
  • WLM ID:cheesyli@hotmail.com

cant u just st** for a moment chris, we're sick of u and ur probing into our affairs. Just don't say a word, is that very difficult? Are you too bored and have no life that you have to worry about 3RA and whats happening to it? If so, i pity you. If Gizgiz is the only one with value in 3RA, then i wonder, what values are there in a person who sets up an alliance, never posts for a long time, then just suddenly close it down. Chris, you ought to be real sorry, ur mouth is so dirty soap wont help. So what if you own the AE chat, so what if ur the leader of FWUA. The new 3RA, lead by HF and me, is gonna bring FWUA DOWN......

I didn't make 3RA to be a puppet show. I've gone all this way to search for European proxies and finally got one in Italy working..I take 25 minutes to get here and I find THIS.

It's no wonder I had to take it down. Good luck with 3RA v2 by the way. If you want me to send the website to you, I can, but no guarantess and no updates.
Posted Image
Gizme Airways International, 2536

Posted Image
May the spirit of 3RA live on

HONG KONG WEATHER ALERTS:
None current and none forecast

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

3ra will be around, WE ARE NOT CLOSING DOWN!!!!!

myself and the head of operations are moving the whole of the alliance to a new webserver where no AE mod will ever be able to stick their nose in

Suggestions for u highflyer and sq_380:
1. Tone of voice softer
2. If u want to be rude, do it elsewhere. No need for the likes of u on the forums.

I suggest u keep that in mind when starting a new alliance. Ur character in the forums will determine how well the "new" 3RA will do. And the present moment, the tone of this thread is not really positive in that regard.

Thread closed.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users