Photo

Can not receive private sales

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ian

ian

• 436 posts
I have played many rounds before and never had this problem. Anytime someone tries to send me an A/C it says i can not buy from other airlines i own. I have tried to get planes from alliance members and it has given me the same message and i have never logged onto their accounts or them into mine....is this just a glitch until the game unfreezes?

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
Are you trying to sell yourself a plane from a feeder? :)

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
This can also be a case if he has dial up. I had posted numourous times in the past that whenever you log on a AOL IP, it rotates, so you never have the same IP twice in most cases. A chance could be that the IP bug had caught him because the other airline had the same IP as he did at one point.

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Are you trying to sell yourself a plane from a feeder? :)

yes thats exactly what im doing..........try replying with something intelligent next time

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Has someone else taken care of your airline for a while, someone that may also have taken care of other airlines? If so, all those airlines have the same IP marked, and since that is not allowed (selling to the same IP), your sales are blocked..

mario66

mario66

• 22 posts
I have had the same thing happen to me, and the person who is selling has never used my computer,or taken care of my airline
Georgian Express
ID# 3214

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Why are you taking private sales, hours into the new round? Gate deals already!? My gosh!
CEO of:
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
deals on beech's for deals on bigger planes in return later on in the game

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Sure.... Friend of a friend of a friend, helping you early on? How convienant! Now is this friend possibly missing a frontal lobe? Sabotaging himself early on for A/C later on? A/C still can only be sold 50%, so what? How's he gonna pay for it if ya nabbed his A/C? Sorry maybe I'm just hopped up on some hard s***, but I still find holes in your reasoning..........
CEO of:
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
its not a friend of a friend. Its a person that goes to school 90 miles from me, if you would care to actually look into the issue and stop being such a skeptic then please feel free to PM me. Im pretty sure a beech for 4.1 in return for a 737 15 mil off later in the game is a good deal.....and you know what? I DONT GIVE A DAMN if you believe my reasoning or not....because thats right.....your opinion does not mean squat.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Hostility? I have merely pointed out the holes in the swiss cheese boat your trying to get away in. Now by what standards do you deem this fair to the game? 4.1 for 15 mil? 15 is chump change EARLY ON! But a 4.1 (perfect price right where your cash should be after setting up a few gate) 1900D? Well that can add 150k DOP x 24= 3.6 mil on day one alone (gates not included), so tell me where is this a fair deal? Gonna pay back year 8? Then after inflation of the market is taken away maybe it's 30 Mil, either way your stealin one. And you can trumpet all you want about if you care or not about what I said, but fact is there are rules in this game. I'm not being hostile, you are, why? Well for a normal person maybe it's a defence mechinism? What ever it is, your BSing, friend could be real, but does he belong to one of those "Special" schools with padded walls? Cause the logic still is escaping me, sorry.
CEO of:
Posted Image

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
BTW did you edit your post or did the mods? Cause I thought it was fair game for an exposition of his counter argument.
-Darn
CEO of:
Posted Image

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

Now by what standards do you deem this fair to the game? 4.1 for 15 mil? 15 is chump change EARLY ON! But a 4.1 (perfect price right where your cash should be after setting up a few gate) 1900D?

I've often wondered the benefits of selling your beeches early in the game, so before this round I ran the numbers on paper with a couple of scenarios (one being you held onto your original beeches, the other being you sold them and immediately bought two larger planes to arrive the next day (ATR-42's))

By my estimates one who sells thier beeches early on does lose value by (r/l) day 30, but only around $8-10mil. So if the deal was to sell back a 15mil 737 a month down the road (it's probably sooner than that) the seller would end up with a 5mil profit than he would have not selling the beeches. Is it a gamble, yes, but it's one that definately favors the seller to the buyer.

And for your information I'm not the one selling him the beeches as it would run directly contrary to my strategy this round.
Posted Image

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons
i just love it when people go and accuse others of cheating, using feeders and whatnot without hard proof. makes me so mad. ian is not cheating trust me. i think youre just mad banana because you didnt get one yourself.:sdrool: stop accusing honest people of cheating and crawl back under your rock from which you came.:)
vice president and director of public relations for ACE alliance.

cleveland rocks! pittsburgh sucks! and i wont even get into that other city in that state over there near washington DC that stole my team. i also dont give a damn for the whole state of michigan cause im from ohio but thats beside the point!

ian

ian

• 436 posts
So because i made a good deal i am cheating?
your logic amazes me..........

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

i just love it when people go and accuse others of cheating, using feeders and whatnot without hard proof. makes me so mad. ian is not cheating trust me. i think youre just mad banana because you didnt get one yourself.:sdrool: stop accusing honest people of cheating and crawl back under your rock from which you came.:)

Accuse? Sorry but I've failed to see the logic in why no one with a cell has caught this. We do not know who this friend is, nor his airline. No solid proof he'll finish the deal (he will I'm sure, but in the right time frame?), he's recieving A/C below value early in the game (prior to start), and I have to see that he is true in his intentions.

Timsher nothing against you, but your assuming quite a bit. For one your numbers can never be terribly accurate as some players are better than others. You may be able to achieve that(I know you can), but will he and his "Friend"? And your assuming a date which he's divulged zero about. I highly doubt 12 days from now (if he's competitive or heavy in the early goings), he'll be really willing to part with a 737 for 15mil off list. To me there are too many tangibles to not want to get Watchdog in here.

OUbobcat I don't know who you are, but from what you've said so far, intelligence is one of those tougher things for you. Let's get one thing straight, tell me where EXACTLY did I directly accuse him of cheating or feeders? I'm just trying to get some answers here and I have for some questions.
Why private trades prior to the start of the game? Got an answer.
Why undersold 1900d? Got an answer
Who this other airline is?
And I'll do one you even said, With what

hard proof

do we have that any schedule for repayment exists?
And lastly is this the kinda of things that are fair for the AE community?

OUbobcat, say I'm jealous all you want, I f5 like everyone else, but I don't require "deals" early on to build up my fleet.
CEO of:
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
PM me for the airline name, i will nto divulge it for everyone to see

ian

ian

• 436 posts
and just because you dont require deals doesnt mean you wouldnt take one if you could.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

and just because you dont require deals doesnt mean you wouldnt take one if you could.

Actually if I got odd messages from an airline that I really don't know, and even one I knew, I'd flat out not accept it via private sale this early in the game (even public). Especially for below value A/C this doesn't include value sales later on when they go for 6.2-6.8mil and you get em at value. Nor would I agree to anything. This can be construed as CHEATING. 1 1900D makes a world of difference at this stage of the game. Public market is fair game as dozens of airlines like myself piss away time f5ing so no "special" treatment to yourself or another.
CEO of:
Posted Image

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons

Accuse? Sorry but I've failed to see the logic in why no one with a cell has caught this. We do not know who this friend is, nor his airline. No solid proof he'll finish the deal (he will I'm sure, but in the right time frame?), he's recieving A/C below value early in the game (prior to start), and I have to see that he is true in his intentions.

Timsher nothing against you, but your assuming quite a bit. For one your numbers can never be terribly accurate as some players are better than others. You may be able to achieve that(I know you can), but will he and his "Friend"? And your assuming a date which he's divulged zero about. I highly doubt 12 days from now (if he's competitive or heavy in the early goings), he'll be really willing to part with a 737 for 15mil off list. To me there are too many tangibles to not want to get Watchdog in here.

OUbobcat I don't know who you are, but from what you've said so far, intelligence is one of those tougher things for you. Let's get one thing straight, tell me where EXACTLY did I directly accuse him of cheating or feeders? I'm just trying to get some answers here and I have for some questions.
Why private trades prior to the start of the game? Got an answer.
Why undersold 1900d? Got an answer
Who this other airline is?
And I'll do one you even said, With what
do we have that any schedule for repayment exists?
And lastly is this the kinda of things that are fair for the AE community?

OUbobcat, say I'm jealous all you want, I f5 like everyone else, but I don't require "deals" early on to build up my fleet.

wow. you know nothing i see. logic? it is logical to do that. you just havent figured it out yet. yes ian will pay back in the allotted time because he is an honest player. i guess i dont see your logic in attacking me or ian when we are RIGHT. and the way you accused him maybe for lack of a better word cheating here "Now by what standards do you deem this fair to the game" (cheating=unfairness correct? or am i using your logic?) and here "And you can trumpet all you want about if you care or not about what I said, but fact is there are rules in this game" which is a direct reference to rule breaking when you say there are rules in the game correct? or am i just some guy with no logic. youre trapped in your own words idiot. you just assume cause you dont do it that its cheating. you are one of the dumbest people i think ive ever come in contact with. two words man GROW UP:p

oh yeah and here too since i wrote this "This can be construed as CHEATING"
vice president and director of public relations for ACE alliance.

cleveland rocks! pittsburgh sucks! and i wont even get into that other city in that state over there near washington DC that stole my team. i also dont give a damn for the whole state of michigan cause im from ohio but thats beside the point!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users