- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

qantas737

qantas737

CEO of Royal Adelaide

• 14 posts
  • WLM ID:leighreimann@hotmail.com
This question is mainly to the players in the top 100 airlines.

How do you improve your airline to make it to the top 100?

I have stopped playing AE for this round because i wasn't going very good. Could you give me some tips and hints for when i play in the next round.

All advice greatly apprecitated.

Cheers,

qantas737

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Don't just buy any aircraft. Either read through the forums and look at the debates on the best aircraft, or look in the manufacturer order books to see what is the most popular. Aircraft choice is one big factor in your success.

Make sure you choose your main airport wisely. Larger cities will bring higher profits and more competition. Your main airport should have a number of cities within 500 miles so you can make considerable connections with smaller aircraft before having to buy larger aircraft.
Posted ImagePosted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Last round I started off at PMI (Not that great) but I stuck at my expansion steadily building up PMI, KUL and DUB eventually I broke into the US market for the first time at MSY, then took on PHX and CLE along with DFW at the end. When I finished I was in the top 30/40 and had a DOP of over 20mil, my highest previous was about 5.5mil. If you get lucky and have your head screwed on with as PSA said the right aircraft you can be sucessful.
Aer Solas

fatcow

fatcow

• 283 posts
my rule number 1:
1. Quickly start your airline right after the reset.
important points:
you should try as many airport in AE as you can. The demand of the airport in reality is sometimes different from the airport in AE. Think of good routes and the best airport you start at(high demand + distance).

Choose aircraft and destinations wisely with your experience in AE.

Smartest way to play:
Look into this forum. You can learn a lot from here.
Posted Image
Top 20 Airlines in the World

alexm3

alexm3

• 247 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:alexm5488
The best ranked I've ever been is about 120 last round, right now I'm 130... My recommendation is pretty much like the others- find a large city with many others nearby, start connecting them with the RIGHT aircraft, and building a network, then moving up to the larger a/c...

Of course, I still haven't found the perfect place to do this (thus haven't broken the top 100), but I'll keep on trying!
Alex McKnight- CEO of
Posted Image
I don't know what the hell is going on!

A founding member of:
Posted Image

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Be smart on your market control and gate use.
CEO of:
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
i had never broken the top 150 until this round...i am now 21 have been as high as 17. have not dropped out of the top 25 this round...its all about aircraft/gate management

Boy

Boy

• 53 posts
For me efficency is the key. I might not finish top10 every round but i always end up at least top 30 usually top 20. Keep costs down and keep your profit margin up.
Posted Image

The True Airline of California..

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons
ive tried many strategies in my 3 games, all of which have placed me amoung the top 20, this round top ten all game. my airline has always been built on smaller planes early, graduating to bigger planes much later than most airlines. youll also notice that i plan ahead and usually have many gates near this time in the game, using those small planes to hold the gates (in effect) while still making good profits from the route. then i finally graduate to big planes and increase my profits pretty rapidly. some people like to build on big planes but i believe if you dont have a good network of small planes in large numbers you cant be as well off in the end. but just my 2 cents....

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
It's all about distances, fly the close routes whenever you can and only fly longer range routes when ticket prices are much greater than what you can get on shorter routes. Also don't snub the 75-100nm range, these are some of the highest profit makers for high freq/small aircraft.
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
And dont undercut routes unless you have to...flying a route 1x 777 or A340 isn't always as good as 5x 739. And slashing the price in half in most cases lends to (Yuchee and Indonesia Link....pay attention)

This is a detraction to your profits and no one benefits from it.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
Don't bring prices to low either. If someone has a monopoly on a route with a much larger plane, and you break it, and lower the price by about 50%, your competitor will to, and will be able to undercut you.
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

fatcow

fatcow

• 283 posts
Yes, Sir, ANA.
Indonesia Link and i are both Hong Kong based. Unfortunately, 333s cannot fly from Hong Kong to North America(except Vancouver). Madrid and Lisbon is also out of range of 333s. A319 and 737s can only fly to the East Asia and some places in the middle east.
Posted Image
Top 20 Airlines in the World

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Well that explains the 773ERs then...never saw it in that light.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

J.S.Bach

J.S.Bach

Farside Comic Fanatic

• 30 posts
Well, I start off everyday with 2 raw eggs, but thats just me...wait a second, I'm not in the top 100...
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
nor 200s....:)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users