Photo

How To Fly Standby?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

OliverMiller

OliverMiller

• 1 posts

Hello everyone. I'm interested in finding out more about flying standby because I've been hearing a lot about it. Your experiences and tips on how to successfully fly standby would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, share what are its advantages and disadvantages? Which particular airlines or routes make standby flying easier? Any personal stories and experiences on How To Fly Standby would be much appreciated!

ZalimParindaB717

ZalimParindaB717

• 6 posts

Hi.

STANDBY Tickets are sold once the airline has sold all seats. There is 10% chance on every flight of vacant seats. There are a number of seats per flight reserved for government officials as well as company employees. This is not limited to No Show i.e passengers with confirmed seats do not travel on that flight.

I have flown on these tickets many time and also flown as Sublo which is on company ticket. These seats are given depending on priority. I remember once I flew in USA on a flight that was 2 hours before my scheduled flight. The airline was American Eagle.

Once flying on Gulf Air I was of loaded as well from the aircraft once a VIP showed up moments before door closed as I was seated on a reserved seat that was prior reserved for VIPs.   

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 147 posts

User's Awards

6    7    4    3   

You created an account, posted once on the forum on the same day, have no airlines, and have not been seen since signing up. Pointless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users