R5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 210 posts

User's Awards

so i have been having trouble recently with route demand and supply. generally when i assign a route i will cover it at 125% of demand, but now i am going back and discovering that the demand is changing...? it is the only explanation i can think of, because all of my routes from south korea to europe and north america have supply that is  now at or under demand. this is perplexing. did they add demand fluctuations when they added realistic demand? or am i just being an idiot?

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

RJM

RJM

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

User's Awards

9    17    2   

If you use marketing it will increase. As the years progress too, the demand increases. As you are looking replace aircraft, typically an upgage in size or frequency will be in order. The game has always done this will real life demand and with the old false demand.

RJM

Jeb

Jeb

sänk you for travelling with se deutsche bahn (More than 180 Mi

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   
About what timeframe and type of routes we´re talking about.
If it´s mere months or one year it could be relatively well be just fluctuations, jumps due to sudden uptakes of real life supply or just a gap that "closes" suddenly.
If routes that aren´t flown in real life (at least in this form you want to since stopovers aren´t existing here) therefore using old formula we´re talking about then it will be a classic mechanic that gradually increase demand over the time to model increases of general air travel.

Marketing doesn´t influence the demand routes in general it will only influence your reputation and that together with the Hub bonus just influences your ability to fill aircrafts over the mark that would be possible under normal circumstances based on basic demand and competition and their ticket prices (which also could generate "extraordinary demand" if low enough and is a base component in spamlining).

Edited by Jeb, 13 October 2023 - 09:35 AM.

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 210 posts

User's Awards

oh thanks!

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users