Increasing Profit Margin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

secret_0823

secret_0823

AE Player

• 57 posts

User's Awards

How do you increase profit margins? I recently read that someone has reached a 50% margin. My highest ever margin as full-service airline is 10-15% and my highest as an ULCC is 36-37%.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Scam IFS.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Alpha Waffle

Alpha Waffle

Ask me about my microphone collection.

• 49 posts

User's Awards

The trick is to abuse game mechanics, but that's a pretty cheese way of playing the game. I do it because I like the optimization challenge and deep-diving into the numbers of the game.

If you want to run a regular airline (like most people) then a 10-15% margin is perfectly reasonable.

Bonza

Bonza

Supersonic lover

• 28 posts

make your workers slaves on 7 bucks an hour, and scam IFS everything

Australian 

Favourite Planes:Concorde,747,A318,L-1011,L-1049

Thinks he can find MH370 just through reading books

Favourite Airline:Qantas

Guest_PrivatAir_*

Guest_PrivatAir_*
  • Guests

What's your definition of Scam IFS? Worst quality, highest price for everything?

Guest_PrivatAir_*

Guest_PrivatAir_*
  • Guests

It's basically one of the goal of the games^^

I reach 40% with LCC > IFS and maximum out frequency with young planes (lowering maintenance expenses).

Normally, you should be able to achieve 25% profit margin with a general rating between 80 and 85 without too much troubles for your classic carries:
it's either you give good legroom and pay less your employees or pay them a lot and decrease legroom, that and the choice of aircrafts/number of types/daily utilization ratio which must be over 19.75... and a couple of other factors (frequency, fuel p/pax...) ;)
I'm currently reaching 33% with full service and 83% rating (without ads obviously).

What else guys?

If someone can explain me how do you achieve the on-time factor, never managed to figure out! Is it the same than "time-flown"? In that case, is it just about the ideal distance for that aircraft type? Someone told me it had to do with salaries but I'm not sure it's correct.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

you increase profit margin by making more money ;) EASY!

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

If someone can explain me how do you achieve the on-time factor, never managed to figure out! Is it the same than "time-flown"? In that case, is it just about the ideal distance for that aircraft type? Someone told me it had to do with salaries but I'm not sure it's correct.

On Time Performance reflects delays due to whatever reason.

Time Flown shows how long you have operated that route (three years to get "green" IIRC).

AFAIK there is no measure that reflects "ideal distance" for an aircraft, which has no clear definition anyway.

Guest_PrivatAir_*

Guest_PrivatAir_*
  • Guests

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

On Time Performance reflects delays due to whatever reason.

Time Flown shows how long you have operated that route (three years to get "green" IIRC).

AFAIK there is no measure that reflects "ideal distance" for an aircraft, which has no clear definition anyway.

succinct explanation! 

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users