Photo

Airline names with places

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

fatcow

fatcow

• 283 posts
How do you name your airline? i saw some airline names with places but i doesnt match with its destinations. For example, Dubai Airways doesnt fly to Dubai and Hong Kong International Airline does not fly to Hong Kong.......?????????
Posted Image
Top 20 Airlines in the World

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Aer Solas is Irish, I used to be based at Dublin but the yields are a little low there. (This is my 3rd/5 rounds not based at DUB) However when I get more money together I might pay DUB a little visit. :P
Aer Solas

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Like Aerolineas Argentina based out of DCA? Or British Airways out of Baltimore?
Posted ImagePosted Image

vivavivah

vivavivah

• 63 posts
Thats why I dont lke those kind of names. In an Vietia and can move freely all over the world. Doesnt Vietia sounds good?
Posted Image
Linate is our home.
Living on Vivah!´s Spirit.
Join the AE mIRC channel!!!

MalteH

MalteH

• 24 posts
Reminds me when i started playing...I wanted to set up my base at Jersey (Channel Islands/UK), so i called it Jersey Airlines.
Damn, i was disappointed when i noticed that Jersey wasn't in the game :P

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

Reminds me when i started playing...I wanted to set up my base at Jersey (Channel Islands/UK), so i called it Jersey Airlines.
Damn, i was disappointed when i noticed that Jersey wasn't in the game :P

thats why you should have based yourself out of Newark :D

Sunshine Airways

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, i named my airline Australis due to wishing to operate out of Sydney, which is where i live and thought i could make a go out of. But seeing who was there and the yields go down the drain, i decided to move to Europe, and go to Madrid, which reflects my spanish heritage. :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts
I live in *actually 30nm south of* Reno. I just wanted to base an Airline out of Reno, thus, RenoExpress...
Posted Image
Reno Express: 11676

:airplane
Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

#1 At Reno/Tahoe International Airport
http://www.renoexpressva.com

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
I named my airline Alaska Pacific. Alaska helps as a location to fly to, but really, I can be anywhere on the Pacific rim and still be name-accurate. But hey, Air Wisconsin is based at O'Hare.
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dos

Dos

• 65 posts
  • WLM ID:dos@dosday.com
  • Yahoo ID:dosairways@yahoo.com
  • ICQ Number:2518787
I started an airline called Dos Airways based in Melbourne - where i'm studying. It went bankrupt soon after as I did not know much about the game. At the time I declaired bankruptcy, I didn't know that I needed to re-log in to get it start again. So I started a new one called Shepparton Airways.

Shepparton is a small town inwhich I live located in Victoria, Australia, approx. 180km north of Melbourne. I travel to Melbourne for my Uni twice a week taking me 2 and a half hour one way!!!

I wish Shepparton Airways could take me to Melbourne more quickly. So that's why I chose this name :)

However, Sheparton Airways cannot make enough profit to survive in Australia. I then moved to Seoul and flew for some time. LF bug caused my airline to almost go bankrupt again so I had to find a quite part of the world to start of. And yeh! the middle east allowed me to recover again. I stick with this region ever since :D
I wish you all the best.
Goodbye everybody.

Dos

Dos

• 65 posts
Just realised that this threat is already out dated. But, well! the question asked can be current at all time, isn't it?
I wish you all the best.
Goodbye everybody.

Dos

Dos

• 65 posts
A bit more about the topic.

There is an airline in Thailand called Phuket Airlines. All active airlines in Thailand fly Bangkok - Phuket except Phuket Airlines. It doesn't fly to Phuket at all. LOL

(Phuket Airlines now suspending all it's schedule flights).
I wish you all the best.
Goodbye everybody.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I then moved to Seoul and flew for some time. LF bug caused my airline to almost go bankrupt again so I had to find a quite part of the world to start of. And yeh! the middle east allowed me to recover again. I stick with this region ever since :)

With the limited number of gates it is hard for any non-established airline to make a vital move, but if the new players save up for a few real weeks and sit on the gate market at Month change they will be able to collect some vital gates and this may be the difference from making it work for their airline :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users